Saturday, May 10, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 130 - Calmer seas

     Well things are going relatively smoothly here of late.  I haven't heard anything about the job interview I went on last Friday, but the  again things at work have been pretty good regardless of that.  Not perfect by any measure, but better than they have been in the last month or so.  I guess that is all that can be hoped for at this point.

      I was the inspiration for a memo that was handed out at work with all of the paychecks.  Basically it said if anyone was unhappy they could feel free to leave.  I don't think that the bosses get why there were so many people that were so frustrated (no, I was not the only one), I just happened to be the one who was most vociferous about their unhappiness and as a result I was the poster child for the memo.  That is a burden I will bear.   Que sera, sera and all that jazz.

     Tomorrow I am supposed to take in one of my breakfasts with my aunt, which I am looking forward to.  I am spending less time at our now no longer owned store, though I still stop by a few times a week, which is actually freeing up my time a lot.  It is nice to only work 50 hour weeks as opposed to the pushing 60 hours I was doing.  I realize this is only a temporary thing, once Dee leaves I will be on my own to a large extent, but that is still a month or so away, until then I am enjoying the fact that I can rest and recharge the batteries to an extent.  And part of that recharging is spending time with my family and enjoying a hearty breakfast, which I hear is the most important meal of the day.  I'll get back to you on that tomorrow.



      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been