Friday, May 2, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 122 - A third

     Hard to believe that I am one third of the way through this little project of mine. There have been pluses and minuses thus far, the pluses being that I seem to have shaken off some people that I did not want around here anyway, either through the sheer volume of my posts or some second hand blocking that I did on Facebook, so now for the most part the people that come around here are people that I do not mind having around.  On the minus side I think I have become redundantly whiny of late.  Just lots of same old bitching on my part, hopefully that will change in the near future by one means or another. 

     I spent this hallmark of a day at a job interview that for the most part went well.  I am not sold on the position even if it is offered, but I would rather have more chips on the table to play than fewer chips and be trapped.  What was better was when I finished up with the interview I went to work, even though I didn't have to, juts so I could get a few things off of the computer and then off to Gus Millers just to reload the lottery machines for the weekend.  Apparently the lottery will finally switch off to the new owners sometime next week, but they still want me to come out and maintain their lottery machines for them.  As an added bonus, while I was there being all spiffy in a shirt and tie I was asked why I was dressed up, when I mentioned a job interview they offered me a job as well.  Just more chips to play with for me, and I am not complaining about that. 

     I also picked up a lead on yet another job while I was coming back from my interview, albeit briefly so Sunday I might sit down for a while and follow up on that as well.  But probably the best part of today was just being off, being able to sit back and relax for a minute, sleeping until 9am and going to the laundrymat in the morning as opposed to the middle of the night, slapping on a dress shirt, dress pants a tie and dress shoes and looking like a real, live human being as opposed to the jeans and t shirt ensemble I normally wear.  It was nice.  It was very nice. 

     I even made plans with my aunt for one of our breakfasts on Mother's Day.  Not sure where we are going just yet, probably Kellie O's but that is yet to be determined, it is just nice to have plans that involve being out and about.

    For now though time to get rested up, tomorrow is back to the grind and I already have a handful of projects that will require my attention Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been