Sunday, June 1, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 152 - A weekend from my blogging past

This is one of those blogs where you probably had to be around a long time for it to make any sense.  I did a blog a while back about a coffee vendor we had at work.  I only knew him by the name Johnny B, and his company, Complete Vending.  In that entry (found here), I went over some of the issues that happened while we were doing business with him.  Well, as it turns out, he is back.  Not back in the store, but rather back in the news.  Seems there was something of a marijuana growing operation taking place in his warehouse.  I believe the phrase "Oops!!!" may be in order here. No wonder he couldn't tell what good coffee tastes like.

As I was looking for more information regarding the pot bust, my past was in the paper again.  It seems that one of the radio stations that I used to work at, WJAS 1320 am, has been sold.  In typical radio fashion, the sale was completed on Thursday but none of the staff were alerted to it until Friday.  But then, it was the Greek philosopher Bob Slydell who said "We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.."  Bonus points for the people who got that.  I have no idea what the selling of the station means for the people that work there, though they do employ two people that have been in broadcasting for decades in Jack Bogut and Bill Cardille.  I know I have fond memories of working with "Chilly Billy" when we would have to put together shows for his vacation time.  Bill and I would sit in the production room and bang out his liners and what not so it would sound like he was still on the air those days he was off.  Hopefully everyone who works there lands on their feet, I sat through one mass firing when I was at WAMO (that was also due to the station being sold, and also happened on a Friday) and it is far from a pleasant experience. 

More on the station being sold (since I am being all linky and stuff). 

Oh well, enough focusing on the past, I am 6 days away from my promotion (unless I get fired before then) so I will focus a little more on the future if that's okay.  Like what will I have for dinner?  What will I write about tomorrow?  Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been