Monday, May 26, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 146 - Cooking classes and asses

     I really shouldn't be doing this.  By doing this I mean making chili.  For one it is late enough that when it gets to the crock pot stage (I am still browning the ground beef at this point), I am still going to have a few hours before it gets done so I might not even get to enjoy the fruits of my labor before I go to bed.  The other reason being that people will not like me in the morning.

     I should know, I made that mistake last night.  I woke up around 2:30 or so, and was hungry for some unknown reason so I decided I would just pop a couple of microwave burritos in and snack on those before going back to sleep.  The cooking part went well, or about as well as cooking things in a microwave can go and I was back asleep about a half hour after waking up. 

     This morning I went into work late, it is a holiday after all, I knew things would be slow and I couldn't even go to the bank to do deposits, the most I could do would be the paperwork from the weekend and, time permitting, a couple of odds and ends tasks.  So I start by getting the money out of the lottery machines, and then proceed down to the office to count it and make sure the numbers all match with the reports. I am sitting in the office counting when my ass decides to disagree with me.  Suffice it to say, the stench that came forth would  be considered a war crime in most civilized countries.   Thankfully I was in the office by myself at the time.

     I figure that I could just chalk it up to the microwave burritos that I probably shouldn't have eaten.  Of course the fact that I am making chili not even 24 hours later means maybe I didn't learn my lesson after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been