Sunday, May 25, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 145 - Ideas at inopportune times

     So I woke up this morning and started being functional after some fits and starts and decided I would try to get an errands or three done.  I walked over to Gus Millers, Sam said he wanted to see me this morning but when I got there he wasn't there, so I then decided I would take in some grocery shopping instead of just coming home.  I figured a trip to Bottom Dollar would result in me getting the stuff to make chili again, as well as some other odds and ends so that I am eating at home this week rather than ordering in and wasting money that way.

     I climb aboard my bus (the 61C for those who are interested in such things) and made my way toward the Waterfront.  On the bus I started getting an idea for what I might want to blog about, the problem being of course that I was on the bus, and it was standing room only again, so no just whipping out the iPad and even taking a couple of notes down about my idea.

     I get to m destination and actually get through the picking out of the groceries in relatively short order.  One thing about me, when I go shopping I am pretty focused on what I want, there is not a lot of wasted motion or energy on the whole browsing aspect of the process, I have an idea of what I want, I go get it, and then I get out.  Of course check out was a different matter.  My cashier was polite and competent and all, I wouldn't say she was alarming fast or slow, just that she seemed to be pretty good at what she was doing.  Instead my problem was the person I got in line behind.  First was the little divider thing that goes on the conveyor belt to make sure orders are separated, when I was in line behind her hurried up and put the divider down and looked at me like I was their to take her groceries.  Trust me, I had no desire for any of the shit that was in her cart.  As she is being rung out we find that she is either blind or managed to damage some of her groceries in her cart, because the packages she was putting on the belt were either half empty or she was disputing the prices on them.  Finally we get to the point of the paying phase and she wonders if she actually saved any money by shopping there.  At this point I would have preferred she didn't shop there, it would have been one less piece of aggravation I dealt with.  She tell the cashier, well maybe I should have just shopped at Giant Eagle instead and it took all of my boyish charm not to pipe in with "Please, don't do us any favors".

    Finally she gets out of line. I get rung through and I spent like $40 dollars or so and got meals enough for the coming week, without burdening myself too much with excessive bags to take bag with me on the bus.  Anyone who has tried to get groceries home on public transportation will tell you just how much of a problem that can be.  I get bonus point because as soon as I get to the bus stop my bus in less than a block away.  Being that it is Sunday and hitting the bus stop at the wrong time can result in as much as an hour wait, I credit clean living and good mojo to actually hitting the bus arrival almost perfectly. 

     Then I get home and unpack my groceries and all of a sudden I am sleepy, not sure why though it probably has to do with working long hours yesterday then getting to bed late and not getting enough sleep before deciding I would be productive today.   The problem is, going back to my blog idea, I need to do a little bit of research for it and I don't think I could pull it off in the time allotted before I would hit my midnight deadline.  Thankfully it is an idea that will keep for a day or two, so you get this entry instead and I get to ruminate on just how I want all of the pieces of that entry to fit together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been