Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 89 - Not as bad as I thought

     Honestly I was dreading work today.  Not that I dislike my job, only because it was going to be the 7th day in a row, I was actually on the floor running the store which is probably my least favorite position there and because it was Sunday, which is always our slowest day of the week.  Even before I got my promotion to management, there was a time for a while where I was the person running the store on Sundays, so I knew going in what to expect.  Lots of down time, scrambling to find things to do and hoping the time didn't drag too much.  Surprisingly it didn't, which is why it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

      I probably helped myself out a bit by going to bed early last night, I knew I would need some sleep if I was going to be able to function, because unlike most days where I don't have a time certain to be at work, only that I get in early enough to get everything done that I need to do, which usually is around 8am, running the store means I have to be in before 7am because the bank and lottery counts both need to be verified and I need to be on the register and ready to go at 7am.  That means getting up even earlier, and making sure I stopped for gas station coffee because I was going to need every bit of artificial alertness I could get my hands on.

     Work was as I expected, dreadfully slow but I managed to find tasks to make the time go quicker, I went through the entire candy section and make sure it was all in the new register system and at the correct prices, mopped the floor, ran the vacuum, cleaned up the go back basket (which no one apparently does), wiped down counters and the coffee bar and just did my best to keep moving.  The time went by relatively quickly, faster than I thought it might and I didn't even come home all exhausted which I thought might happen.  I think part of that is because I am still on this adrenaline kick for Tuesday though.  I really can't wait for it to get here at this point. 

     When I did get home I did have a little bit of work to do yet at the store, but it was stuff I could do remotely.  I had to access the camera system and pull some footage from Thursday night before the hard drive wiped out the previous week.  There were some snippets that we will need for Monday and I wanted to make sure we had them, luckily I can run that computer from home and save the information we needed in the DVR system. 

     I even got to spend some time on the bus ride home reading my new book I got, I am over 280 pages into it now and given the odd times that I read that isn't all that bad for something I have had for a little over a week.  Anyway, the next couple of days are going to be more of the early to bed, early to rise variety for me and if all goes according to plan I think I am either going to cap this week off with the new Captain America movie or catch it some time early next week. Plans, glorious plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been