Monday, March 3, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 62 - Writer's block for a non writer

     One of the things I am having a hard time with when it comes to blogging every day isn't the lack of ideas but rather being able to flesh out an idea fully given the time constraints involved.  As I am sitting here typing there were at least 4 different things I had thought about blogging about, but there is a difference between having an idea and getting it from my head to the page.  I just can't seem to beyond that starting point with any one particular thought, I start working through it in my head and like Bugs Bunny making the wrong turn at Albequerque, I find the path I end up taking leads nowhere or to a dead end.

     I am not sure why that is either.  I do not do much fiction writing on this page, so it's not like I have to worry about developing characters, plots or scenes and then making them understandable and interesting to the reader, rather most of my stuff is non fiction, so you would think it would be easier, just here is a topic or a thought and go.   But it never works out that way, it's almost like my head is speaking a foreign language from what I am writing, and I am trying to find the words that best express those ideas, but for some reason the words don't always come out.  It could be a lack of creativity on my part, or perhaps a limited vocabulary, but I start down a path and then stop myself  because because I get sidetracked or find the blog is going in a direction contrary to where I want it to.

    On the bright side of things, after 60+ days of doing this here project I am not out of ideas yet, on the minus side, I am just lacking the means to express them properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been