Sunday, March 2, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 61 - The gods must hate me

     Saturday I logged what would probably be considered a long day, I pulled a 12 hour shift and until I left I didn't have time to make it back to Gus Millers with the lottery tickets they needed to reload their machine.  Really though that is a pretty easy task to handle, one that if that is all I am going to do on Sunday I wouldn't even pencil it in to the schedule as time worked.  After all I live just a few blocks from the store anyway and on Sunday I do like to get out and try to stretch my legs, weather permitting of course.  So as I closed my eyes last night I figured just one quick errand for the store, probably while I am out getting a coffee anyway and then see where the day takes me.

     I wake up around 9:30am, walk out to my kitchen and reheat some coffee I had made the night before and I walk to the door and take a peek outside.  Yep, snowing again.  My desire to go out is gone, but because I have the store's tickets in my bag I know sitting at home is not going to work as a plan for the day, so after my coffee and a couple of cigarettes I talk myself into making the quick walk up there and then back home.  All in all it wasn't that bad, I was home in probably an hour or less.

     As quickly as I got dressed to go out, as soon as I got home it was out of my clothes and back into my fuzzy pajama pants.  I had no desire to do anything else outside today.  Still as I was getting all comfy in my pjs I had this feeling that I was forgetting something.  Then it hit me, tomorrow is Sammy's birthday and I wanted to get him a card.  Fuck me, bend me over and fuck me, I could have done that while I was out, now I am all warm and comfy, do I really want to go back outside?

     I needn't worry, that decision was about to be made for me, as my phone rings and it is work.  Apparently one of the registers quick working, so yours truly was called in to investigate the problem.  Since I have to go out now anyway I decide I will go ahead and pick up the card on the way into work, I need it there in the morning anyhow so I might as well pick it up and take it into work with me today.

     I get redressed and traipse back out into the snow and cold, making my way to the CVS a few blocks up the street.  I figure I will get the card there and take a quick peek to see if they have any specials that I might use my Extracare card on.  Sometimes they offer a free candy bar or something when you scan your card at the coupon redemption thing in the store, so my first stop in the store I walk up to the terminal and scan my card to see what offers might get spit out at me on this trip.  The machine starts spitting out this long list of coupon offers I may be interested in and what should be the second coupon I get but "$2 off two Sun Protection products".  Excuse me, it's like 20 degrees outside, we just got a couple new inches of snow and I get some shit talking about the sun as an offer?  What sun is it they speak of?  I have heard rumors of a glowing orb in the sky that warms things, but to my knowledge no such orb actually exists at this point.  Needless to say, I didn't purchase that item.

    I get the card and make my way downtown to Smithfield News.  It took me about 10 minutes to see what the problem was with the register, one of the cables was unplugged on it so I fixed that problem, went down to the office and ran into another problem, the camera system had frozen.  Apparently it locked up and quit recording, so I had to reset that as well, then I decided since I am there I might as well get a few other things done, no sense in me being out in the cold only to turn around and go right back out into it, so I sit down at my desk and finish off the remaining invoices that need broken down for our accountant Monday morning, put together another display of e-cigarettes for the sales counter, pull Dee's reports from Friday so she can get a head start on her paperwork on Monday; Friday being the last day of the month, we have to file two different sets of paperwork on Monday, one set to close out Feb and the other set is for the remaining sales that started off the month of March.

     I ended up logging a couple hours there and then I realized something, I was in last Sunday too, so until next Sunday when I am scheduled off again it will be 20 straight days at work doing something.  I am quickly becoming the anti-social butterfly, not antisocial in that I am hard to get along with (though I have my moments, trust me) but anti-social in that I have no social life whatsoever.  But I do have $2 off of sunscreen, so I guess that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been