Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 88 - Second, third and fourth winds

     I woke up early this morning, around 4am and rather than go back to bed I decided just to putz around a bit and grab a shower.  Sammy and I were catching breakfast again at Kelly O's and I know he usually gets downtown early,. so I figured if I get there early too we can get to breakfast early since they open as early as 5am.  The sooner we eat and get the day started I am thinking the sooner my day will be over.

     Once again he and I have taken over doing the coolers on weekends, after seeing them not get stocked on a regular basis I had had enough and decided it would be better for he and I to do in 3 to 4 hours what wasn't getting done previously in 16 hours, so we cut the third person from the schedule bot night and just opted to do it ourselves.  Of course today we not only had tha\t but lots of moving of furniture around because we are getting a brand new touch screen lottery machine in on Monday morning, which resulted in us moving two other pieces of equipment to make that happen.

     After getting that done and sending him on his merry way, I still had my stuff to do, which meant I had to take lottery tickets to Gus Millers to load their machines and take the money out of them, then tend to the ATM there, adding more money to it, then back to Smithfield where I emptied that lottery machine, counted the money downstairs and sorted it so we could buy change if needed, then added a bunch of new items to the register system that Ed had ordered last week, reload some candy items from the basement that needed put on the sales floor, inventory the cigarette room and then set about doing my grocery order for Monday. 

      There is nothing all that unusual about that on a Saturday because Sunday is my day, so if I come home tired or cranky or lazy I can just relax and recharge except I am running the floor tomorrow, so that plan will have to take a back burner until next weekend.    For now I think I will just close my eyes and try to get some rest until the alarm goes off in about 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been