Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 77 - The sun


          Today was a relatively short day at work, only 7 hours so when I left work it was still daylight out, which I think is a good thing.  Save for Sunday when I was scheduled off, the previous 4 days at work were 13 hrs, 12.25 hrs, 10.5 hrs and 11.5 hrs.  A 7 hour day like today is almost a vacation day compared to that.  All told I am at 78 3/4 hours and there are still 4 days left in the pay period for me.  Even if I only work 8 hour days that would put me very much in the ballpark of 120 hours this pay period.

       I wish I could say this has been easy, but it really hasn't been.  I am now popping ibuprofen to deal with back pain, I am hobbling a bit slower than normal and despite all of the hours I feel like I am spinning my wheels, not really getting anything done to move us forward.  Three of those long days have been put in because I was filling someone else's shift, either because they needed time off or they were late getting into work.  As a result seeing the sun, even after the clocks sprung forward an hour (daylight savings time and all that jazz), is not all that normal an occurrence by the time I get done with work.

     Wish I could say that I took advantage of it, but I literally just came home and made something to eat and have been laying down ever since.  Plenty of people at work have come down with some illness or another and while I have avoided that particular fate, I would be lying if I said that my body was sore, very sore actually. 

     I think what is keeping me going is what I blogged about a few days ago that I said I couldn't talk about.  Truth is I still can't, though I am much closer to the big reveal today than I was even a week ago.  If I had to put Vegas odds on it happening right now, I would put them around 90%, which if it comes to pass I will say my life will get much easier.  Of course right now it can't get much harder.  Good thing they make pills for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been