Friday, March 14, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 73 - Calm before the storm

     Just finished up the second of two double shifts in a row, now I just have to make it through the St Patrick's Day parade tomorrow.  Thankfully before the parade Sammy and I are going out to breakfast, it will be the first time we have been out together since our Sundae Saturday event the first Saturday after New Year's.  One of the girls from work, Stephanie, may come with us, but we will see on that front.  Experience in the past has shown me that usually these types of things just end up being Sammy and I, but we will see tomorrow morning.

      I think I need the breakfast more for just a get out type of thing before returning to the grind that will be the rest of Saturday.  I have had more of a chance to work with Sammy recently, helping with truck and deliveries and orders, just because we ave been short staffed recently, one primary quit and another is still out sick so some people have been doing a little more to compensate for it.  Dee and I have been staying later most days, or just filling in in general as needed.  It feels like we are juggling a dozen different balls, trying to keep them all in the air, and breakfast with Sammy tomorrow will just be a small sense of normalcy amidst the chaos that has been going on.  

      Things are still moving along on the one thing I can't talk about yet.  Each day brings things closer to a resolution, and most of those things are still pointing in a positive direction.  Well positive may be too strong a word, because it will not be an absolute positive for everyone, but from my own selfish point of view I will say it will probably be better for me. 

       I should have kept my mouth shut, or my blog shut, just as I say good things are happening for me the power goes out in my apartment.  I think I will stop typing before I further curse myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been