Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 84 - The clock is still ticking

     Closer we get to the end of the moth and hopefully I will be able to reveal a big surprise but for now mum is still the word.  For those of you that thought grease was the word, back of the line with you.

     I am feeling a bit better, considering how bad I felt last night that really isn't that much of an accomplishment but still.  I did get my new books at work on Monday, two books by David Thorne so I was able to break free of the Robert Parker book that I am sure I already read at some point.  Glad the new books came in too, because they are freaking awesome.  I was reading on the bus on the way home today and I couldn't help but laugh out loud at how funny they are.  I realize that when riding a city bus laughing by one's self it probably a sign of craziness but I was doing it anyway.  I am about 100 pages in to the first book and I can say it might be the funniest book I have read in at least 10 years.  I like to think that I am funny sometimes, but after reading this I can honestly say I am not nearly as funny as David is.  I am glad I splurged and got two books from him, because one will not be enough.

      Once again though, since I ordered from Amazon I was stuck with the free shipping dilemma,  do I just get the books or do I find a way to push the order over $35 and get the free shipping.  I opted for the free shipping again, this time choosing a watch to hit my dollar amount.  Given I haven't worn a watch in years it is still a funny feeling to have one now strapped to my wrist. 

     There was a bad side to me going to bed early last night, that being I woke up way too early this morning.  Mind you I started early on Monday, getting into work at 6:30am as opposed to my normal 8am start time, but because I went to bed early again last night I was at work again early today, getting in the door at Gus Millers before 7am.  Which turned out to be a good thing, there was a lottery order waiting to be checked in and I had to reload the ATM which was sans money, making it just a giant paperweight and little more.  I put $1000 into in, just to get us through the day, but it will probably have to be reloaded in the next day or so, $1000 really isn't what it used to be.

     Anyway, enough chattering from me, I want to catch the end of the hockey game and the next Pens points code.  I started collecting them last week, originally I was giving any codes I found to Amanda at work, but since she just walked out without so much as a phone call I decide I might as well save a few codes and see what happens.  I doubt I will get much for my efforts but it is worth a shot and besides it is free, which is always a favorite thing to me.  There I go yammering again. Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been