Saturday, March 15, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 74 - Inside my head

     I never thought when I started this project that I would end up blogging so much about my dreams, but anymore I find them staying with me long after I have woke up, and they have taken on aspect that up until the last 6 months or so I had never experienced.  Last night was another such occasion.

     I went to bed knowing that I had to get up early, Sammy and I were going to breakfast today after all.  So I closed went to bed early, at least early for me since it was before 12am, and was asleep in relatively short order.  By 2am however I was awake again, wondering if I should even try to go back to sleep.

     I dreamt that I was watching a game show of some sort, I think I was in the studio audience since I do not recall a TV screen or any such thing, but I also didn't actually see anyone around me, it was almost like a laugh track was being piped int the room.  The troubling part was the concept behind the game show.  People were being locked in different containers, such as long boxes or as was the case with the last "contestant" in my dream, in an automobile.  These people were then being buried alive in tons upon tons of sand.  They would win the game if they dug there way out of their potential grave before actually dying.  It was shortly after the person was buried alive in the car and presumably was trying to dig their way out that I woke up (I do not know whether they did or not) and realized I had only been asleep for maybe an hour or so, but I couldn't find it in me to just go back to sleep.  I was troubled by the laugh track that was playing as people were struggling to escape their potential graves.  Part of me was wondering if I went back to sleep if the dream would continue, something I was not looking forward to in the least.  So instead I was up for another two hours before finally dozing off again for another couple of hours and getting up this morning. 

     I suppose I could asked a dream interpreter what my dream may have meant, but I don't know if I would like the answer, so perhaps I am better off not knowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been