Friday, March 7, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 66 - Listed

      When it comes to blogging every day some times I take short cuts.  Today is one of those days.  I was meandering around on Facebook the other day and I stopped by a friend's newsfeed (Hi Gillian!) and the tagging game being played was one where you listed your favorite albums and then tagged some friends and had them do the same.  Well I was not tagged, not that tagging would have been some call to action on my part even if I had been so requested, but it seemed like an interesting exercise nonetheless. 

      For my list I will keep the total number of albums to 20, though I am not going to pick any specific order, there are days where I might prefer any one of these over the other depending on my mood so I would be hard pressed to say album A is significantly better than album B. 

      One thing you will probably gather from my list though is that most of my music is older, I have in fact become one of those people who no longer can stand most current music, my radio at home is almost always set to sports talk and my Pandora station on the web would leave most people under 25 wondering just what the hell it is that I am listening to.   

      With that out of the way, here it is, the list than no one actually asked for.......

1) Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
2) Earth, Wind and Fire - Greatest Hits
3) The Hollies - Greatest Hits
4) Sisters of Mercy - Floodland
5) Squeeze - Babylon and on
6) Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual
7) Gene Loves Jezebel - The House of Dolls
8) The Housemartins - The People Who Grinned Themselves to Death
9) Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Don't Know How to Party
10) Social Distortion - Social Distortion
11) Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses
12) The Replacements - Pleased to Meet Me
13) The Smiths - Louder than Bombs
14) Midnight Oil - Diesel and Dust
15) Siouxsie and the Banshees - Twice Upon a Time/The Singles
16) Material Issue - International Pop Overthrow
17) Tom Waits - Closing Time
18) Ministry - Land of Rape and Honey
19) Keb' Mo' - Just Like You
20) Big Pig - Bonk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been