Thursday, March 20, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 79 - Endings can't come soon enough

     I have a date certain when I can reveal the big surprise, it will be at the end of the month.  Honestly it can not get here fast enough, because days like today at work are all the more reason that I am looking forward to what may be coming.  Two more call offs leaving us short staffed, it has gotten to the point that if I could just do everything myself I would.

     I keep telling myself each day is a day closer, that is the only thing that keeps me going at this point.  At some point the company just needs to stop repeating the same things and expecting different results.  I have been watching a lot of "The Profit" on CNBC, the show centers around an investor, Marcus Lemonis and he invests in companies that are failing or struggling in order to possibly turn them around.  When he looks at what is wrong with a company he examines the three P's, People, Product and Process and tries to fix whichever things are failing.  I can say for certain we definitely have a People problem, our processes could be better.  About the only thing we have right is the product at this point, but really, people have been selling groceries for how long?  That is a pretty hard product to fuck up.   Process, well I am sure there are things we could do better, but we can't until we get the right People in place, nothing works if those people who want to work and be there are constantly not just trying to focus on their own job, but the jobs of others who are there simply to get a paycheck, if they can be bothered to show up at all.  I would just as soon cut the dead weight loose, but I am put in the position of being a manager who isn't allowed to manage.  Instead I am left just counting days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been