Thursday, October 25, 2007

Things being made easier

Still tinkering with the new page. Things are looking up there, even as they are looking down here. Yahoo just said they have no intention of fixing the bugs here prior to the switch. Fucking classic!!!! Thankfully the transition out of here to Multiply is being made easier, as they made it possible to just transfer all of the 360 entries straight over to their page with one click. At least for most people. Of course, because I already took one in the ass from Yahoo a while back, access to the first 9 months or so here is problematic at best. If I am correct, the casual viewer still can't get to those entries unless he/she is actually logged into Yahoo and not just on a simply blogging drive by.

What this means for me is actually good and bad. On the good side, it means that Multiply automatically picked up over 200 of my entries, on the bad that means while I will be transferring stuff over there, there will be continuity issues, since Multiply can't access those early posts either, that is going to be done by hand by me I guess, which means the dates on those will be the date of transfer, as opposed to the entries that were transfeered directly from 360, those seemed to retain their original post date and title (though all comments do get lost in the transition).

Anyway, just wanted to give you kids a heads up on that, if you ventured that way and some things looked disorganized. The best way to tell the most recent from the older posts, the titles on the recent posts over there are the same as here, anything that is older that I had to transfer by copy and paste is retitled as simply the date it was posted here, the actual blog entry title is in the body of the blog entry.

Anyway, I am overnighting at the station so just wanted to give everyone a heads up as to what was going on, but I still have work to do this evening/morning (it is 1:34am).

By the way, I was going to tell you that Ellen Degeneres was the Asshat of the Week for the whole dog adoption fiasco, but I figured if I did, she would just cry about it on her show and then take another two days off. On the bright side, maybe one of her fans will issue me a death threat as well, I haven't had one of those in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been