Sunday, October 28, 2007

Orginally appeared 11/29/05

Day #93, much to report (yeah, right!)
    Just getting ready for another fine day of radio here and thought I might get some blogging done.  All is well in the land of broken dreams, quite well actually after last nite's football game.

    As of this morning,  we have a brand new fantasy football update for all of those that care to read on.  We will deal with the least complicated first, that being the yahoo team where there is no cashola involved.  The current record now stands at 5-7, so I am still alive for one of the four playoff spots, though I will probably have to win my last two games and get some help in order to do it.    EASports is another matter.  I am now 7-4-1 in that league, with a a win again this week.  With two weeks remaining, I am a half game out of a playoff spot, but once again I got the bonus ten dollars for weekly high score, so I will have at least $30 dollars coming back to me.  Myfantasyleague.com is the most interseting, in that I am currently in second place, at 6-5-1, with just one week to go.  That league takes 6 playoff teams, but there are 8 teams between the record of 6-5-1 and 5-7, so literally anyone can get one of the last 5 playoff spots (one has been clinched, not by me though).  On the bright side, that league pays out to the top three regular season point totals, and after this week, I am in first.  That would be 25% of the total kitty, which sits at $910.  Keeping my fingers crossed I can make it through just one more week.  Not sure if I would rather be trying to hold everyone off, or chasing someone.  Mind you 2nd and third also pay out in pts scored, so I should get some money back barring a complete collapse.

       In other more heady news, I see where there was a vote of no confidence on the government of Canada.  When did they elect George Bush?  Really I am just kidding.  I am actually glad that we don't have such a system here, for stability's sake.  With politics as polarized as they currently are, every time someone was elected, the other side would garner enough support for a no confidence vote.  After all, didn't we impeach Bill Clinton for lying about having sex with a fat chick?  Mind you, there is little accounting for taste in Bill's choice, I am sure she kept the stained dress in her closet right next to the underwear she was wearing when she had her first period and beside a copy of her first penicillin prescription, but hardly an impeachable offense.  Nonetheless,  if it was simply a no confidence vote, every couple of years we would be changing governments, more out of whim than necessity.

      I did finish "Imperial Grunts", which was a decent read, even if I did spend a little more time on it that I usually do with most books.  I also managed to polish off "This Book Is Not a Toy" and am now back to reading fiction, since I saw Michael Crichton's "State of Fear" duirng one of my late night trips to the 24 drug storee.  Oh the impulse buying I do there.  There is nothing like grabbing a chocolate scooter crunch at midnight. 

      This is the 93rd day in a row that I have worked, next week we should crack the century mark.    The two things that I have learned during this stretch is that 1) I can't wait for my vacation at the end of December and 2) I am losing sympathy by the day for people who say they can't find work.  I'll admit my part time job at McDonald's isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a job and sometiimes you have to suck it up until something better comes along.  I will be the first to admit that this certainly isn't my career path, but right now it is helping pay the bills, and that is all that matters.

     I did add some pics to the blog, including me in the dreaded Dre Bly Pro Bowl jersey, which I got on sale for ten bucks, because he no longer plays for the Rams.  I am sooooo cheap.  Also threw on one of Doug and Jack Klugman from the interview a couple of weeks ago,.   And many thank yous to those few people who tuned in on Thursday when I was on the air with Doug.  It is always fun to just blab as opposed to running a show, it's also much easier.

     Well, time to finish my show prep for this morning.  I still have some websites that I have to hit for some more fascinating news, like the woman who poured bleach in her daughter's mac and cheese, in an effort to poison her daughter and her daughter's kids, because she didn't think her daughter was deserving of having kids.  What do I take from such a story?  Damn, they were having mac and cheese, now I am hungry.  Such is my life I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been