Sunday, October 28, 2007

Nascar Sunday

I am sitting here in the studio getting ready for the Nascar race, which I have absolutely no desire to listen to, but somebody has to do this and once again the part timers we have on the payroll are nowhere to be found. Fucking surprise that is. On the bright side, I guess I get to watch the Steeler game while I run the race, so I may be able to track my fantasy football teams somewhat.

I didn't do the updates this past week, not that you all care all that much, but I should stay on top of things a little better than I have so far. I have been busy tinkering with the bells and whistles over on my Multiply page, and as a result, I haven't been around here quite as much.

Anyway, as I mentioned last week, the hockey team stunk, I went 3-6-1 but amazingly stayed in second place overall. I will not be nearly as this week, I am again getting killed, even worse than last week. I still have a few games today, but if I win one game it will be nothing short of a minor miracle. I did far better in football, where I went 9-5 in the office contest, I am now tied for 9th place in my group, I won in yahoo fantasy football 106-77 to push my record to 6-1 and in the bar league I also won, 101-87 to get above .500 at 4-3.

In a way, I am rooting against the home team this weekend. I have 2 Cincinnati Bengals on one team and one on the other, so while I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers win this Sunday (I do have Willie Parker on one team), I can live with a Cincinnati win far more easy than most Pittsburghers.

I am thinking I will be eher at the station all night tonight. It becomes almost pointless for me to go home after the race, only to have to come back in a few hours. The sad thing is, I really don't have a whole lot to do today, I had cut my commercial feeds last week, the shows for this coming weekend for WJAS don't get posted till Wednesday at the earliest, so I can't do much there, I have done my Clark Howard minutes for Monday, really, I have very little production work to get done. I may work on something later on, something I promised many moons ago but just never got around to. Today I have the time and the technology is most definitely at my disposal here in the studio, so this may be the day to get that project underway.

Something else I haven't done in a while, give something away. That is about to change. The code is HN7TIP770E for the current Pepsi game. I believe the website is www.callyourplay.com, but I may be a little mistaken in that regard.

Great, I have already gotten two complaints regarding us carrying the Nascar race today. God forbid we shouldn't carry Monica Crowley on a Sunday. Anyway, I tend to be very short with such people, I am not the complaint box and I have far better things to do with my Sunday afternoons that listen to people bitch and moan that they can't here some blonde ditz pontificate on the air and spend time fingering herself every time she says the word Clinton. In case you haven't guessed, I don't like Monica Crowley all that much.

Anyway, the Steelers are leading 7-3 in the first quarter. I am not going to turn this into a glog, I have other things to do with my time, like eat. I did bring some food, after all if this is going to be an extended stay at work, I will be dining in. Just some egg salad, soup (cheddar potato and bacon) and a couple of eclairs and some RC Cola to wash it all down. Usually I am a Pepsi guy, but RC is a good second for me in the cola favorites and since the increase in minimum wage, a 2 liter of Pepsi at the local grocery store went from 1.29 to 1.79. Meanwhile the 2 liter RC was on sale for $1, to me that is a no brainer.

I may do my podcasting while the race is on as well. I have enough time, that is for sure. This race isn't scheduled to end until almost 6pm, which will be two hours after the football game ends, so it will either be work on the podcasts or read the Sunday paper, which is always an option. I like doing the crosswords on Sunday, even if I am not that good at them. That is probably the one thing that I miss about being unattached and working on Sundays, I enjoyed getting up early Sunday, getting the paper and then just laying around in bed doing the crossword and reading it for a few hours. See, I can remember some good things about being attached, just not enough to merit me giving up the freedom of being single.

Crikey, I was just reviewing the log for tomorrow's show. I have a copy of the entire log in my studio, Lynn gets a copy of the three hours of hetr show. Anmyway, we carry 4 commercial breaks an hour, the top of the hour where we do news and weather, the bottom where we just update the weather and then two other breaks that are just commercials. We may plug commercials into the top and bottom breaks, but the other two breaks are where we tend to put people that are buying into our show specifically. Some of our sponsors will pay a a little exctra for Lynn to do a live read, where instead of playing a commercial, Lynn will actually do a read for them extemporaneously on the air (how's that for your vocabulary word of the day). Anyway, just looking at tomorrow's log, we have 15 live reads. That is going to make for a busy day to say the least.

Great, they are doing the national anthem prior to the Nascar race and who should be the singer? Just the actor who played Bo Duke on the Dukes of Hazzard. I guess David Hasselhoff wasn't redneck enough for them. Oh well, at least the football game is still on, the Steelers are now leading 14-6.

By the way, I had my interview teh other day, I think it went well, though if they offer a job I am not sure I want to take it. Thankfully they haven't offered anything yet, so I still have time to go scouting for other jobs, another reason for me to get a Sunday paper, it has the biggest classified section of any of the weekly editions of the paper. It can be a real chore trying to find a job with little to no responsibility.

Well, I better get rolling, I have some more things I want to get out of the way before the race ends. By the way, before I forget, the change meter is now at $29.65.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been