Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Originally appeared Sept 22, 2005

Entry for September 22, 2005

As I write this, I am currently working 90 hrs most weeks, involved in three fantasy baseball leagues and three football as well.  Throw in my addiction to pogo, all things Hitchens and a reading schedule just this side of insane, and it will be interesting to see just how much posting here I actually do.


 


Places I can be found currently include www.myfantasyleague.com, league name Uncle Jimmy's which is where one of my football teams can be found, the Argonauts.  We are currently 1-1, but I expect great things from this franchise, otherwise I will fire the owner.  No, wait, that would be me, can't do that, can I?


Also can be found on www.1360wptt.com where I am morning show producer, which is currently the Lynn Cullen Show.  I do some stuff on air, but am mostly behind the scenes doing my Mussolini imitation, making sure the trains run on time.  The show airs from 9am-12pm EST for those of you who care to listen.  A note, Lynn is much more liberal than I and we don't tend to agree on quite a few things, but since it is her name on the front, I tend to stay out of the way rather than start political debates on the air.  Nonetheless, I tend to learn more from people who I disagree with than from surrounding myself with a bunch of clones, and hey, I have a gig, that is more than a lot of people in my industry can say, so no complaints here.


 


Some things to look forward to in the coming days and weeks; What am I reading? - A list of the oddball things that pass through my hands that I decide to read as opposed to letting our receptionist at the station take to the used book store and sell.  Fantasy Updates - How bad our my teams anyway?  As of this writing, the football teams are 1-1, 0-2 and 0-2, and the baseball teams are 5th place (NL only), 2nd place (AL only) and 3rd place (mixed), with the top three teams all winning money, so there is a chance that it could be a good Christmas this year, just need to hold on for 10 more games.


 


That is all for now, need to send out the invites so I can glory in my rejections (acceptance is overrated).  To quote Stan Lee (founder of Marvel Comics), "Excelsior!". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been