Sunday, October 28, 2007

Also appeared 11/24/05

And thus concludes another exciting day
  See, told you I'd be back at some point.  I just finished up the Best of Lynn Cullen Show that airs in the morning.  To say that it has been a long day a work would be a vast understatement.   

     For those of you who haven't followed along, the last few hours have looked like this

     1am-3am  Drop the last two hours of the Best of Lynn Cullen from cassette into the digital editor.
     3am-5am  Brief nap on the loveseat at work
     5am-7am  Run the board for Action News this morning
     7am-9am  Run the board for Laura Ingraham
     9am-noon  Run three consecutive holidays specials from ABC News.  During this time frame I also managed to get Swinging with Sinatra recorded for our sister station
     noon-2pm  Recorded the first two hours of Big Bands, Ballads and Blues, again for our sister station
     2pm-3pm  Break and prep for radio show
     3pm-6pm  Guest on The Doug Hoerth Show
     6pm-7pm  Audio editing for Best of Lynn Cullen
     7pm-8pm  Tape refeed of Laura Ingraham that was missed because the satellite receiver was tuned to the ABC Specials when the show would normally be taped
     8pm-9pm  More audio editing of Best of show
     9pm-10pm  Tape last hour of BB,B & B
    10pm-11pm  Finish editing Best of show, burn all three hours to cd, burn Clark Howard minutes to cd


     As for now, just relax knowing it was a job well done today, and one that would have been much easier had not one of our production computers crashed on Monday, which helped to create the train wreck of a day I had to go through.  I could probably go home now, but till I got there it would be after midnight, and I would just have to be back up at 4am anyway, so I am going to stay put in the friendly confines of work.  If all goes according to plan, I should be out of here sometime around 12:30 tomorrow, and then I am off to treat myself to a nice lunch someplace, just because I can.

      I really don't have anything astute to say here, so I will wrap this up for another day and time, when I can bring forth some fascinating diatribe, though I think I know what topic I am leaning on.  I just don't want to give it away yet, because I need to do a little more research before I stamp my name to a blog that will piss off some, and make others happy.  Most just won't care, which is fine with me. 

     Nite kids, I am off to nappy land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been