Sunday, October 28, 2007

Originally appeared 11/24/05

At least the turkeys are safe
    Greetings one and all, and to my fellow statemen, Happy Thanksgiving as well.   Eat some for me, actually eat lots for me, I will be at work all day, I just got here around 1am and will not be done till at least 8pm.  That, in and of itself, would be reason enough to write a "Woe is me" blog entry, or ramble on about how life sucks, but really, would that be appropriate on a day like today?  I didn't think so either, so without further adieu, things that I am thankful for:

     First, of course, my family has to be way up on that list.  I know I don't get to spend nearly enough time with them, but nonetheless, they come first and foremost in a list of what to be thankful for.

     Adding to the list would be all of the way cool friends I have, so by all means, give yourselves a round of applause.  You deserve it, after all, your reading this, which is more than I do usually.  Which means not only are you friends, but you are gluttons for punishment as well.

      Much love to the men and women in uniform, who I am sure would very much like to be at home with their families today as well.  Comparing what they do to what I do, makes my life seem shallow by comparison.

     I must add that I am thankful for my life in general.  I have a job I love, a roof over my head, enough money that I don't starve or sleep in a gutter, and a routine that agrees with me, even if I complain about it a little from time to time.

     On a much lesser scale, I am thankful that all of my football teams kicked ass this week.  I am now 5-5-1 and 6-4-1 in the two leagues to win money and even the yahoo roster stepped up to improve to 4-7.

     Yes, I had to sneak a fantasy update in, otherwise where else would you find this information?

     Enjoy your turkey everyone, time permitting I will be back later today to blog on things less holiday oriented.  After all, only another 40 days or so until the Easter displays start hitting stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been