Saturday, October 27, 2007

Originally appeared 10/30/05

Finally I get to blog
     Yes, it has been a while.  And I am doing this from work, so if it gets cut short, don't be surprised.

     Once again, greetings to all of the new peeps.  The best way to acclimate you to the page would be with a joke I guess, and a tasteless one at that, so here goes.  Q.  What do you call the fat around a pussy?    A. A woman    Thus I have offended much of the blogging audience.

     Where to begin?  Well, let's start with the all important fantasy update.  After last week, where I went 2-1, my leagues now look like this, yahoo (no money) 3-4, ea sports (money) 3-3-1, and myfantasyleague.com (money) 2-4-1.
The only plus I have is that all of my teams have more wins than the Pittsburgh Penguins in fewer games.  The hockey season continues to disappoint, win the Pens having only one win to this point.  Sidney Crosby continues to impress, but the defense still sucks.  It doesn't matter if you score 4 goals a night if you consistently give up 5. 

     I have officially put in for time off, as I will be exiting stage right the last week of December.  The funny thing is, the radio station is so short handed that after approving my vacation, they had to put up an internal memo to see if they could hire someone to fill in.  We don't have enough people on hand.  The scary thing is, apparently I have 12 more vacation days that I could use yet.  We could be in for some serious trouble if I decide to take all of the time that is owed me.

     Kudos to Christopher Hitchens.  Not only is he the coolest cat to read on the web while exercising the brain, he came in 5th in the Foreign Policy magazine list of intellectuals.  The best part is, he could drink #s 1-4 under the table, and still be smarter than most people.  For those of you who admire intellectuals who smoke and drink, with little concern for moderation, then head here www.hitchensweb.com .

    Before anyone starts getting all excited, remember, it's just and indictment folks.  Scooter Libby hasn't been carted off just yet, and truth be told, indictments aren't all that hard to come by.  I will be more impressed if I see a competent prosecution. 

     Harriet Meirs, we hardly knew ya.  And that is just as well.  How, in anyone's right mind, could she be nominated for the Supreme Court?  After all, she judged President Bush as the smartest man she knew.  My God, what kind of friends does she keep?  Do they still drive around the mall parking lot in mufflerless trucks or something?  Not to dogpile on the President here, but smartest man I know?  Not even close.

      Well, I best be gathering my things up here.  I am just about out of work for another day.   The  streak is at 63 days, and I am scheduled  all this coming week, so barring any tragedy  we are loooking  at cracking the 70 day plateau  next week.

     By the way, Nov 11 at 11am EST, I have Jack Klugman booked for the radio show, in studio no less.  If I can get some piccys, I will add them afterward.  If you wish to hear the interview, the address is www.1360wptt.com . As an added plus, we have changed the streaming, so it no longer brings up the SurferNetwork player, rather now when you click on listen live, it opens Windows Media Player.  I tried it with much success, though I did have to change the address that was being recorded on my replay radio, but that is my problem, not yours.

     Okay, that is all for now.  Don't forget to visit the lobby for all of your refreshment needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been