Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 180 - Sick of me

 

Times like these it is very hard to blog. Not that there aren't things out there, I am sure there are, I just haven't found anything blog worthy. And to be quite honest, I am pretty sick of talking about myself. Not that things are going badly, quite the opposite in fact. Things are just fine. Found ouit I will be getting even more money for working July 4th because I am getting stuck babysitting. Yeah, me in charge, woohoo and all that jazz. I don't want to complain though, I was asked a day after I was told I would be getting a raise, seems like the most inopportune time to pitch a fit over something that may be relatively minor. Thing is, I wanted to get some work done on the holiday, I have plenty on my plate I need to get too, but instead I will be handcuffed to the register for 8 hours. Worse yet is that it isn't even my shift, I am being moved from 7a-3p to a 3p-11p shift. So I can either run home after work knowing I have to be back in 8 hrs or just stay and try to get my work done overnight. Not sure I like either of those options.


That right there kids is the day's highlight. See why I really am sick of talking about me. But I have been so out of the loop on so many things this past week or so that I haven't kept myself up to date on just what the hell is going on outside my four little walls. Sure, Michelle Bachmann is running for President, but let's be realistic. Her chance of winning is somewhere around zero. Hell, I will make the bet right now, if Michelle Bachmann is the next President of the United States, I will put on Monica Lewinsky's dress and blow Bill Clinton.


The only thing she taps into is this notion, first pushed forth successfully by Ronald Reagan, that government is inherently bad. That if it wasn't for Washington DC, the world would be a garden of Eden. While I will be the first to admit that if someone is looking for problems, DC is as good a place as any to start there is also a sort of hypocrisy in saying government is bad, so I want to be part of it. For all of DC's problems that Bachmann likes to invoke, the biggest one stares back at her from the bathroom mirror every morning. How is that Census roundup coming anyway Michelle? The FEMA camps? And I am still waiting for that one world currency you said the Treasury Department was working on, because last I checked outside of the US my dollars aren't worth shit.


But thankfully I live in a closed primary state, so for the time being Michelle Bachmann just isn't my problem. And I have a funny feeling she will stay that way.


My problems are relatively simple, mostly finding enough time to read. Because I am in a pretty good book right now, I just don't have the time to sit down and enjoy it like I would prefer. Instead I find my days booked up with minutiae, things that probably aren't that important but I make them more significant than they need be.


So instead of pretending like I have something of any importance to say I think I will keep this entry at less than a page (and the villagers rejoice!!!!). Till manana.

2 comments:

  1. thats goon not to have much bad going on..take the money and give yourself time to read.
    i go back to work once week within 10hours..not fun but part of what we do sometimes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some more reading in today, hopefully I will finish my book this weekend. If so it will end up on the shelf to the right like all of the others.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been