Sunday, June 5, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 155 - Saved

 

What can I say, you have been spared. I didn't glog today, although I was almost awake for it. I went to bed really late, like 5:30 am late and ended up waking up at 7am. Figuring that I would at least be up for the French Open final, I walked up to CVS and got a couple of things for breakfast, some captain Crunch cereal and some of those new Reese Peanut Butter Cup Chips Ahoy cookies to snack on later in the day. I made it back in plenty of time, so I clicked on the TV, the local news was still on and waited for the French Open final to begin.


Then I fell asleep. Not just a normal sleep either, one of those coma inducing sleeps where you think you have closed you eyes for maybe 10 minutes and 5 hours have whizzed by. Next thing you know I am here explaining myself away as opposed to actually posting a glog on a sporting event. Oh well, the best laid plans and all that jazz.


Now I am forced to just throw something on the page, with no idea just what it is I am going to say. Other than I failed I guess, I had an easy glog just waiting for me and I slept through it. It didn't help that I misremembered the calendar, I thought tonight was the start of Cinema in the Park, when in fact that doesn't start until Wednesday. I would like to go, “Batman” is the first movie of the new year. There are a few others I would definitely like to see as well, Inception (June 22nd), Rocky IV (June 29th), Iron Man 2 (July 13th), The Karate Kid (July 24th), The Green Hornet (Aug 10th), and Clash of the Titans (Aug 31st). I get that none of these are what one would consider great movies, but they all are free, provided I can lug my ass over to the park, and I am all about the free. A couple of them I have already seen, but wouldn't mind seeing again, as long as I am not paying for them.


Just a random thought here, but I am glad I am not Boston's goaltender Tim Thomas right now. Sure, the overtime goal he gave up in game 2 of the Stanley Cup final was bad, taking himself out of position by being too aggressive, but after two games he has allowed 4 goals on 67 shots, a .940 save percentage. If you had told me before the series began that he would have that high of a save percentage after two games and the Bruins would still be in a two game hole, I would have assumed you were smoking crack. But then again, if you had told me that after two games Robert Luongo would have an even higher number, .970, well I am not sure I could have even fathomed that.


I guess I could continue to yammer, but it would just be for yammering's sake, and not really of any value to the page, so instead I will just stop and go make some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been