Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 158 - A member of a group that would have me

Admittedly I don't do much on Multiply, save for blog posting or passing on something that i found elsewhere on my web travails, so it was a little shocking to come on here the other day and find out that I was being invited to a group.  I am a member of a few groups on Facebook, just because they are usually related to apps I use over there, but my membership in groups on Multiply is very limited.

So I went ahead and checked out what this group was that seemed to think I would be a worthy member and  as the adage goes, I would not be a member of any group that would have me.  Coddled in a bunch of patriotic rhetoric, it was just a "Democrats are good, Republicans are bad" site, the type of crap that I did not miss about talk radio.  There are many that subscribe to that bullshit, I am not one of them.    

In fact save for the occasional post on my page, I actually enjoy that I don't have to eat, sleep and drink politics and political issues 24/7 like I used to do.  And I have no desire to spend my free time around those who spend every waking moment looking for another reason to bash those of a different political stripe.  So thanks, but I will pass. 

 

9 comments:

  1. The political groups on Multiply are usually a bloodbath waiting to happen. Then there are a few that are just outright crazy. I avoid them like I would Ebola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Political groups, whether they be on Multiply, Facebook or in the general public at large are some of the worst groups to hang out with, especially if you don't tow the particular party line. During my time in radio I worked behind the glass for a conservative (Jerry Bowyer), a libertarian (Doug Hoerth) and a liberal (Lynn Cullen) and to this day I get along with two of them (Doug having passed on earlier this year, but he and I always got along as well). But some of the most hateful radio I ever had the pleasure (or displeasure) to produce was the stuff leading up to and including the Democratic primary between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. And the calls weren't from Republicans at that point, it was Democrats eviscerating other Democrats over who should be the Presidential nominee. Accusations of racism and gender bias were the norm not the exception and many days I would leave work embarassed to be Democrat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have worked for politicians and run parts of their campaigns. There are few of them that I would call a friend. When you get to know some of them off camera they are not the greatest people in the world. It really amazes me all the sex scandals because there personalities didn't make me want to have a personal relationship with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But look at the other half in many of those sexcapades, they aren't exactly prizes either. Rep Wiener is different in that he didn't have sex per se, just sent photos of his junk, which so turned on his admirers that they turned the pics over. But if you look at some of the others, I am just like eww and double eww. Eliot Spitzer was paying for it, literally. Bill Clinton picked someone who kept his stains as a trophy. Even John Edwards was paying through the nose to keep his extra curiculars hidden. These aren't the girls one wants to take home to meet mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These women are doing it to bag a celeb which is really pretty pathetic. It's like the women who fall all over sports figures. They want either an MRS with a paycheck or a headline and insta fame. I don't have much respect for them either

    ReplyDelete
  6. The advantage of blogging for quite a few year's is I have probably wrote about a lot of things at least once.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been