Thursday, June 23, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 174 - Off with their heads

 

Don't mess with the karma, not while I am on a run like this. As some of you may remember, I had a moment a few weeks back where because I said some things, eventually I found myself in the office explaining what I said and why I said it, creating a most uncomfortable situation. And at that point I pretty much came to the conclusion that save for those things that were work related, I was off limits to the staff from here on out. No more favors, no more me being Mr. Nice Guy and joking around with everyone. Just keep to myself and keep my head down and all is good.


Admittedly I have been on one of my karmic runs recently, things are just falling into place for me. Work has been good, no issues to speak of, the birthday was pretty kick ass (even if the movie and dinner sucked), I am looking forward to spending time with the family this weekend. Yes, it has all been good.


So what, pray tell, could make it better? Well, how about in the last 24 hours two of the people who I would look warily toward when it came to help creating my most uncomfortable situation a few weeks back, now find themselves unemployed. Truth be told, I couldn't prove that either one of them might be a guilty party, I didn't bother investigating the matter to find a true culprit, I had no desire to waste my energies on such a task but based on what I have seen of them previously, if I were creating a suspects list, then they would have been way up near the top of it. One of them I would never be so stupid as to trust, the other just runs her mouth constantly over shit that frankly I don't care about. So there are no tears being shed here this evening in Chez Matt, rather just the warming of the cockles of my heart over such news.


Yes, for those newly minted to the page, that is one of my bad character traits, I have little problem gloating in the misfortunes of those that I don't like. And Shay and Amy would both qualify in that regard. Shay would have this uncanny ability that, after you told her something, would still have this desire to argue over it, sometimes I would think just for the sake of arguing. I couldn't tell you how many times she blew up on customers who were doing nothing more than standing in line waiting to check out. It was a sight to behold. I would have sent her packing the first time I saw it. Yet for some reason she was able to maintain her employed status longer than I myself would have tolerated.  At one point she argued with me over whcih vendor delivered a certain product, and I was the guy that ordered it so one would think I might have a clue where it came from.  Yet she rambled on for 15 minutes like I didn't have a clue what the fuck I was talking about.  Really, just good riddance.


Amy on the other hand, just seemed to want to traffic in information that most of us didn't want to know, or was none of her business. As some of you know (those with the secret blog decoder ring, lol) there is something I have been thinking about that is of both work and a personal nature. Well I have told one person at work, that being my partner in crime (and Deluca's companion) Sammy. He knows almost as much as those of you with the decoder ring know. I am comfortable telling him because I am his boss, in theory at least, and he is probably the one person that I still consistently joke with since the incident. Other people have heard me joke with him, but when they try to jump in I quickly either get back to work or steer the conversation in another direction. Well, as I was beginning to tell Sammy some of the very early details (sans said decoder ring), I find out that Amy is listening in on us. Thankfully I hadn't gotten to any good parts yet, but when I had to stop said story to catch a truck and then was starting to talk to Sammy again, I hear her voice saying “Tell us more of the story” to which I said “That's none of your fucking business”. She would also come up to me and ask me about what she should do about her boyfriend and telling me about her problems at home (an annoying habit that she did to everyone) and I would say “I don't need to know this” or 'I don't care”. I don't think I could be any more blunt than that.


Now they are both gone, and somewhere in the back of my cranium there is a stadium full of people singing “hey, hey hey goodbye”. And to rub a little salt into the wound as it were, after work today I asked Ed if I could pick up some of Amy's duties. She was doing a lot of breaking down invoices and stuff with the newspaper and magazine people and what not. She wasn't on the actual sales floor all that much, so what she was doing is something I am thinking I could fit into my daily schedule, I might need to work more hours but I am cool with that. Ed said he would think about it, which is all I can ask. I am not looking to ditch my current responsibilities, just add to them and possibly get a few extra shekels in the process. And if I can do it on the misfortune of people I don't like, all the better. I am sure there is a Rule of Acquisition that covers my behavior. Rule #261 “A wealthy man can afford anything except a conscience.” Now I just have to work on the wealthy part of that equation. Some day I am going to write one of those feel good books, except it will not be feel good at all. Instead it will be “All I Ever Needed, to Know I Learned from a Ferengi”. It pays to be a geek sometimes.


With that I am outtie, like a belly button. I have to pack for this weekend at some point. And eat more lasagna.

8 comments:

  1. I feel ya brother. I feel that first paragraph more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life's too short to want to see your enemies fall. That's my philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If one co worker I have was finally fired I might throw a picnic in the parking lot. I understand your celebration. Enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put me on the list for a first edition copy of that book, autographed of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always said, KARMA, it is a bigger Bitch than I could ever be! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't lie awake at night planning their failures, but if through the course of the day it happens and helps turn my day to a plus, I got no problem with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. now those are good news.. hip hip horray..Charma baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it gets better, Ed sort of took me up on the offer, he is splitting the work between Belinda and I, so I should be able to finaggle a few more hours out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been