Sunday, June 26, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 177 - The blogging of the weekend is complete

 

Hey kids, I'm back in the friendly confines. Truth be told I should be getting some sleep, I have been up since 6am, but I just got in the door a little after 9pm from my weekend excursion to see the family and after posting pics from today's festivities I am up against a deadline to get a blog post up by midnight. After that I have to get some Madden gift requests out of the way, do some unpacking, possibly run an errand or two and if I am lucky fall into bed by 2am. The only plus for those of you with the Secret Decoder Ring (henceforth to be referred to in blogspeak as the SDR) will be tomorrow at work, when I will be spending ample time in the office.


Anyway, lots of pluses to the weekend with only a few minuses. On the minus side not everyone attended today's surprise birthday party for my uncle Bud, among the no shows was my mother's own husband, which irked me a little and irked her even more. I could understand if he had a job or something to go to, but by and large his social calendar these days involves lots of sitting on his ass. There were a few other no shows as well, but almost all of them were unrelated to the family infighting that had been taking place, which is good. It was probably my biggest worry this weekend and thankfully it went unfounded.


On the plus side was that my fears went unfounded, and also lots of quality service this weekend when eating out. Kudos in particular to the staff at Dobros and The Train Station who really knocked the ball out of the park on their efforts. I mentioned Dobros earlier this weekend, so instead a little about The Train Station. It is, as you can guess, a refurbished train station converted into a restaurant and is located in Indiana PA. A little bit more of a higher end place for Indiana (entrees run in the $15-$25 range) but the food was definitely worth it. I had the chicken marsala (yum and yum) and it came with two sides, I got a salad with bleu cheese dressing (sadly it wasn't just crumbled bleu cheese) and a side of pasta and the side of pasta would have been a mean unto itself, it was probably as big as the entree. My mom went with the pork chops and fries (she didn't get chicken fingers, we are making progress here) and couldn't finish it all, but it did look yummy. Also a plus, twice in the last few days people said I look like I have lost weight. OI would not have thought so, but the more I think about it my size 38 waist clothing has been baggier and baggier, so maybe I did drop some weight someplace. Trust me, after this weekend I am sure I will have gotten a portion of that back.


Also a plus that has been building for a while now, it is late June and the Pittsburgh Pirates are still 1 game over .500 (39-38) after taking two of three from the Boston Red Sox this weekend. This town is so starved for a winning baseball team after 18 consecutive losing seasons that the weekend series was sold out and I can't remember the last time that happened. Maybe it had something to do with the furries as Anthrocon 2011 was in town this weekend as well. I didn't get any pictures, seeing as how me and my camera were elsewhere. But really I don't think I could do it any more justice that the Pultizer prize winning interview Kelly Frey got with some furries a few years back. This is some top notch journalism here kids, so get out your pens and paper and take notes.

 


Well, as much as I would like to stay and chat, I better get all posty and stuff.

3 comments:

  1. A train station converted to a restaurant. How quaint. There is a little caboose in Ohio called the whistle stop. They have great bluegrass shows and it's a nice little diner. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was cool because they had lots of memorobilia from when the train station was fiirst built including photos and newspaper clippings from the Indiana Patriot (the newspaper now is the Indiana Gazette) as well as a model train that constantly ran in the rafters. As an added plus there were no TVs in there to annoy people. As much as Indiana PA is kind of a college town (home of IUP), it wasn't a shot and a beer type place either, I was always curious about itwhen we would drive by and my first visit was a good one. I can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Train Station sounds like my kind of place. I'm a train buff to start with so that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been