Friday, June 10, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 160 - Just passing (gas) through

I have to admit, this blog could have been very easy.  After all, tonight is game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final.  For those not in the know, after my glogs of games 1 and 2, Boston has won the next two games, in effect making the best of seven series now a best of 3.

Or I could have bitched about work, certainly that isn't hard to do, but with the store's reset being done, I am somewhat content.  Sure there were parts of the last three days that if I started a diatribe I most certainly could fill up a page or three.

Or I could even bloviate on a new site that I ran into the other night that might be worth exploring in more detail, but I am loathe to reccommend something when I have such little experience with it, though the early returns look promising. 

Instead I will just meander about the place, saying stupid things that pop into my cranium in hopes that something eventually makes sense. Like the fact at some point in the near future I probably need to wipe off my laptop screen.  There is just enough dirt on it that as I am typing I have to take a second glance at the screen to make sure that what is up there is actual punctuation and not dust particles. 

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't remind you that you are down to 8 shopping days till my birthday.  And I want presents, lots and lots of presents.  Or cake.  Or you can just pull something off of my Christmas list, I am sure it is lying around on my blog site somewhere.

I haven't been reading much recently and I miss it.  I started two different books a while back, but since my bus ride to and from work was one of my prime reading opportunities and I have been on the bike more and more recently (three more days so far this week) and a victim of that has been my reading routine.  Plus I have been spending more time writing recently, whether that be creating blogs, commenting on them, posting on message boards, reconnecting with some online friends, I find I am spending more and more time on the computer.  Usually the TV doesn't even get turned on anymore, save for things like the Stanley Cup Final, which is on right now.

I think I just violated one of the first rules of summer etiquette.  Since it is summer like here, I have my fan on and it is blowing a decent breeze in my general direction.  So of course I broke rule #1 in such situations, "Don't fart in front of the fan."  Nothing good can come from making that faux pax. 

Wait, I think I just used French in the blog.  That would be faux pax #2, because everyone on this side of the pond would know that is actually called a "freedom fuck up".Now everyone, go fart in front of a fan and chant "USA!!!!, USA!!!!"

I just saw a promo for the news where the anchor read the following as a story, "A driving lesson ends with a car into the side of a house."  That isn't a lesson, that's a freedom fuck up.  Now get out of the car and fart and chant "USA!!!!  USA!!!!!"

I promise I am not drinking right now.   The true test of whether or not the above is actually funny will come tomorrow morning when I reread this.  If I am still laughing about it, then yes it was.

Okay, I will stop with the fart jokes for now.  After all, I need to have something to write about tomorrow. 

 

3 comments:

  1. As long as the fecal matter doesn't hit the rotary device we are ok. Whats worse a distorted version of Kansas - Dust in the Wind went through my mind. Now I think I should be drinking

    I close my eyes,
    Only for a moment and the moments gone
    All my gas, pass before my nose a curiosity
    Fart in the fan, all I did was fart in the fan.

    Je pense que je devrais etre ivre pour admettre a celle-ci.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thought you would like this - however, will take some time to down load
    was drinking last night - you see I was kidnapped by three women and held for ransom - I secured my release by buying a new Dell laptop - it was Boobee Kid's birthday 

    Freedom fries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that goal, it was at the World Juniors this year I think. I should note that by passing on glog option, I missed another good game, 1-0 Vancouver win. And of course the Canadian anthemk was stellar as always.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been