Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 172 - Blockage

 

Well this blows. I seem to have been kicked out of Facebook and Multiply this evening, and just when Multiply was getting good again. At first I thought maybe the problem was just on my end, maybe I couldn't access anything at all but that doesn't seem to be the case because other sites seem to be popping up fine (Pogo, Sportsline, Swagbucks) so I imagine the problems are site related and not involving my connection to the internet.


Not that there is a lot to report. I got another $5 Amazon gift card yesterday, so the post birthday goodness keeps rolling in and I cleared my calendar to go home this weekend. Which will be either really good or really bad. Either everyone will get along or it will turn into a giant clusterfuck, both I might add would make good blogging material, but one would suck more on a personal level for me.


But all this being said, I did get a late start on tonight's blog, thankfully with nothing to report it shouldn't take long. But I ended up staying for a bit after work, we received a small Pepsi order right at 3 o'clock and I stayed to put it away. It was just three cases of Polar Shock slushie mix, but it was the Strawberry melonade, possibly the most poular flavor we have and the one Pepsi has been out of for the past month, so I wanted to get that connected to the machine and have it up and running as soon as possible. And after work I wanted to do some grocery shopping. Since we all know that grocery shopping on am empty stomach is a bad idea, I stopped by the Squirrel Cage for dinner. When I got there they said the kitchen wasn't ready yet, it would be about 20 minutes until it was ready to start making food. No problem for me, I had a book with me and some cigarettes, so I just drank my raspberry iced tea and read for a bit. That was a bad thing, finding out the didn't have regular iced tea, just raspberry. Blech. That means they have went from brewing stuff to just buying syrup in a bag. I should know, I sell the same crap on our fountain machine at work.


But the sandwich (cajun chicken with plenty o spices) and the fresh cut french fries made it more than worth the wait. And I did get a decent chunk of my book read. Plus afterward I managed to pick up some fixins to make me a lasagna, as well as another treat from the Giant Eagle bakery, a chocolate fudge parfait for when I got home (which has since been consumed). Also a couple of eats for the remainder of the week, then it is home cooking, or should I say home “where are we going to eat tonight” cooking. I will make a guess right now, at least once we end up at Spaghetti Benders, and maybe once at Tres Amigos, will my mom will get that Mexican specialty, a chicken salad. Ack!!! I know the routine too well.


Well I have a lasagna to make, so I will call it a night. It isn't quite 11pm yet, if I am lucky I will get into Multiply by midnight.

13 comments:

  1. Speaking of Amazon, I tried to get into Shelfari last night for the first time in quite a while to do some updating, only to find that I now have to have an Amazon account to access it. Well that just sucks as I have no intention of ever having an Amazon account. I guess I'll just have to find another site like Shelfari. Damn shame really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy eats Matt. You should try spinach lasagne. It iz the shiznit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew they had created the option to link accounts, I didn't realize that they made having an Amazon account mandatory. For me it was a non issue, I alreaday had the Amazon account anyway.

    I do know that for a while there was a virtual bookself on Facebook, that was the first oine I used actually but they killed the connection to the profile, so I moved on from it to Shelfari.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lasagna turned out okay, at least by my standards. I used green peppers, ground beef, onions and mushrooms. And garlic, lots of garlic. For cheeses I went with mozzarella, provolone, romano and parmesan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm coming to your place with a fork! I am like Garfield to lasagna

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last tiem I had made it, I used pre made wedding soup meatballs in place of ground beef ans raw veggies. While it was good good, the lasagna took forever to cook. This time I just went with friend ground beef, which I then drained and added the veggies and sauce and left it simmer for a while (while making the noodles) then used the entire sauce like mess between the layers of of noodles, as well as a layer of cheese, save for the top where I just used parmesan and granulated garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to have ricotta in mine. It's just not lasagne without it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am usually banned from the kitchen. I can bake things but even the dog wouldn't eat things like my meat loaf. I can make complicated things like baked stuffed flounder but fail tragically at basic stuff. My friends say I come with warning labels in the kitchen - like don't allow near the stove. I stick to the oven and the grill. Those I have mastered

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, ricotta is okay in my book, but I am not a huge fan of it. I tend to just go the shredded route, sometimes I will use more italian like cheeses, sometimes spicer one, just depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ricotta can taste like sand if not spiced right

    ReplyDelete
  11. weird case..many seam to have that issue.. i only could not access it once or twice in whole four years or what.. of course for all of us who already blogged on 360 that always means we panic and dont feel confy to spread our thought all over this world..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasn't too worried, Multiply has been down before and came back just fine. It was just aggravating that it was vdown when I was trying to blog (and comment on others). I was probably out abotu 4 hours, if the one comment that I left can be believed, it actually showed up in a feed about 4 hours after I wrote it.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been