Friday, July 31, 2015

B365V2.66 - Play Misty for me

So, I am sitting at Uncle Jimmy's after another fine, fine day at work, waiting on my winnings on one of the illegal poker machines ( I am rebel bucking the system after all ), but truth be told I am sitting here drinking Coors Light,  as the bar was out of cold Miller Lite and Yuengling, and I am waiting on the owner to bring me my winnings which were decent, albeit not $1000 decent like yesterday's lottery winnings were. Rather I am waiting on $110 on a $20 investment.  Truth be told that wasn't all I spent here, I did lose like $25 on one of the poker machines and I have been drinking, which I guess counts as a net loss in the grand scheme of things.  But all in all it was a relatively good day.

I went to work ( when don't I ) and through the course of the day I managed to pay my phone bill and I went and ran some personal errands while dropping the store deposits off.  That normally wouldn't be a thing I do, but after the lottery ticket yesterday and buying a $5 ticket today that hit for $50, I figured it best if I put some money in my bank account.  So on the way back from the bank I decided to to run by my bank and deposit $400.  I usually do not run personal errands at work but I wanted to kill some time and this trip seemed to be as good as any.

So I go to my bank and I am going through the process of depositing some cash when someone says hello.  I look towards the door, but I do not recognize the person so I turn my attention back to the teller, when I am asked "What,you are to good to say hi?" So I look back and the person in the doorway took off her sunglasses and it was Misty.  Misty works across the street from us and to say I am smitten with her would be a 1950s appropriate description of things.  She is adorable, cute, not to tall for me, 5' 4" versus my 5' 8" frame and blue eyes to die for.  The fact she is funny and cute add to the equation as to why I am attracted to her.  So we start talking at the bank, I ask why I haven't seen her recently ( because I can't have nice things ) and she says her boss has cut down on breaks at work and when she is allowed time off it is just an hour for lunch before she has to go back to her desk.  The only reason I saw her today was that their computer system was down and she begged out for a few minutes to run to the bank, she needed  to get her car out of the parking garage and she left her debit card at home, so she had to write a check to get cash to get her car free from garage lot prison.

Cool with me, whatever the excuse, I was just happy to see her and then she suggested that we walk back to work together.  My heart went all pitter patter at the prospect,  so I waited for her to get her banking done and we left together.  Perhaps it was a moment of great minds thinking alike, though nobody would mistake my mind for being great or even good for that matter, but we looked at each other and came to the same suggestion, we should hold hands and skip down the street.  Not that we did mind you, we just both suggested it to each other.  Besides, last I had heard she had a boyfriend and even if she didn't there must be something wrong with her if she were even slightly attracted to me, as there usually is with women who are attracted to me.  But we walked the two blocks down the street together, which included a nice hug, albeit one of those side hugs as opposed to a full frontal one, and she continued on her way while I crossed the street to my place of business.

There are very few things I find sexier in a female than someone who "gets" me.  You could be a 10 in the looks department, but if you don't grasp 50% of the inside jokes, then I am not sure I want to spend the time catching you up.  So when Misty looked at me and we were both thinking the same thing, it was like my heart ballooned up for a minute.

If there has been a change in tone in this entry, I contribute that to leaving the bar and eating dinner, then making my way back to my bench in the park.  Hopefully the wings have absorbed some of the alcohol, though I have been distracted by two different raccoons and a cat that have frequented the garbage can nearby.  I haven't adopted my Matt Irwin, Raccoon Hunter persona yet, "Oy cricket mate, that is a biggun" rather I am sitting here watching helicopters fly half dead people to and fro, though mostly to.

Anyway as I was saying, the thing I find sexiest about a female is their ability to get me.  Mind you that is much easier for people who have been reading my scribbles here for the last 10 years, but there are women who most likely haven't read my 10 years of scribbles who have "got" me as it were.  Long time readers know that Hope would be at the top of that list, she knew me before my scribbles were even an idea and even though her and I never dated and she is now married to what I would perceive to be one lucky bastard.  But just the same, I wish everyone could have someone pop into their lives who meant as much to them as Hope means to me.

That doesn't mean Misty has reached that plateau, Misty and I barely know each other.  I just know that she is very attractive, we seem to have a good repore when we spend more than two minutes together ( given my job if I see someone @ work and spend more than two minutes with them then they are trying to sell us stuff ), she is funny and has these big blue eyes that just draw me in.

Anyway the time is getting late, I should be getting out of here.  My smittenness can be saved for another time.  Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been