Tuesday, July 21, 2015

B365V2.57 - Jail me nots

Sorry I didn't make it to my bench yesterday, I made it to the bar and that was it.  I needed an evening of relaxation after kicking the work week off the way I did.  Funny thing being at the bar, I got some pretty kick ass news while I was sitting there, and no it wasn't that the Pirates beat the Kansas City Royals, although that did happen as well.

This is where I start letting some cats out of bags, so to speak.  Remember when I said that I joined a group on Facebook for Pittsburgh bloggers.  Rest assured my social standing has not increased by joining, I still pull the McCauley Caulkin at night ( Home Alone, learn the vernacular kids). But as is my wont, I did check out some of the people that were blogging there.  In Pittsburghese this would be called being nebby.  But I don't speak in Pittsburghese, because in all honesty, it makes the city sound so low rent that I can't be bothered with it.  Anyway, one of the bloggers over there stuck out to me, Erin Kelly, because I just loved her writing style, her sense of humor.  Which is odd for me because when it comes to books I almost never read books by female authors, but blogs tend to be a different animal for me.  Not sure why that is, just that it is.  Anyway, as I am checking her blog out and really digging the place, I happened upon her About Me page (  you will find no such animal here, if after 10 years of doing this you don't have a vibe of who I am then you just haven't been paying attention ) which was when I saw that she would be willing to guest blog on a page, so I asked her to come by here some day and entertain the masses, or the anti masses as it were.  While originally taking me up on the offer, we have never made a date certain for that to happen.  That is all well and good, she has other things going on, as do I.

Sorry, I am being interrupted here.  Some jackass was complaining that I am sitting here smoking a cigarette.  Mind you I am not bothering anyone, I am just sitting here typing to you all and this guy comes up and says I am not allowed to be smoking on the playground.  First off, I am sitting on a bench, I am not on the playground.  So I mentioned to him that there aren't any no smoking signs here, I am perfectly within my rights to be doing what I am doing, then he steps back and holds his camera up like he is going to take my picture.  At which point I tell him if he does, I am going to break his fucking phone.  He walked off, to another part of the park, but really, fuck him.  We really got to see me go from zero to snap the fuck out there in about 10 seconds.  Some people don't know when to leave well enough alone I guess.  Great, now I have three cop cars here.  Nobody has done anything yet, one officer came up to me and talked to me, but that has been it.  So far you will not be seeing me on an episode of Cops.  Sucks to be me I guess, I could have gotten more traffic for the blog that way.  Of course calling work from jail would have been a shock to the bosses, but que sera, sera.

Anyway, where were we, ah yes, the guest blogging thing.  I had mentioned on a Facebook post of hers the other day that reading her page has helped give me a swift kick in the ass regarding my own.  Then what she posted as a reply floored me, as she asked lil ol me to do a guest post on her page.  I wonder if this is what it feels like to be promoted from AAA to the majors.  I am all kinds of nervous and excited and I would say blushing, but that could just be from too much sun on Sunday.

Well I still have two police cars behind me, let's hope they don't go all Eric Garner on me.  Nope, turns out I am in the right again, when am I not.  As long as there are no signs posted I am fine, and there are none.  I should go blow smoke in his face, but I will pass with the glee of a moral victory.  Taa daa.  Watch I will come back here tomorrow and there will be no smoking signs up.  I wish I could get this kind of response when we catch someone stealing at work, 4 squad cars, okay 2 cars and 2 SUVs to show up for a smoking complaint.  If they put that kind of effort into doing something about people who do break the law.  This is starting to feel like a Dr. King speech, "I have a dream, where one day the police will do their jobs and not bother confronting law abiding citizens".

Anyway I haven't said yes to the guest blogging thing just yet.  If there is one thing I learned in radio, it is don't embarrass the name on the door, whether it be Jerry, Doug or Lynn, anytime I cracked a mike and said something I had to remember that it would not be attributed to me, but it would be attributed to the show.  So if I am going to do this ( magic 8 ball says "all signs pointing to yes" ) then I had best bring my A game, whatever the hell that is.

Oh well, the cops have left, the jackass who called them has left, and I need to get home so I can post this with ye olde new laptop.  I have spent time trying to get it to where my old one was, I have downloaded Avast and Swagbucks and I used it to go edit my last two blog entries, relax they aren't significantly better for the effort, just cleaning up some typos and what not.  And my apartment is cooler now that my desktop is not running, it is so old that it just blows hot air, not unlike my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been