Wednesday, July 1, 2015

B365 V2.38 - any wreck you can walk away from

Well this was unexpected.  My plan was a relatively simple one, get my work done, catch the 3:45 pm 67 H home, get off the bus and grab a few beers at Uncle Jimmy's.   Funny thing about plans, they don't always turn out the way you think.  

I got back from the bank around 2:30 pm, dropping off the store deposits and putting my rent in the mail so I could keep a roof over my head for another month.  I still had my cash sheet to finish up, price out two cigarette orders and hopefully get out the door.  I got most everything done, Ed left me a new sex pill to put in the register system, when I got upstairs to check to see the info crossed from the back office I got roped into emptying the drip pan from underneath our deli case.  I say roped into because the person doing it needed help and I am a hands on guy, so I just did it.  Still I managed to get out the door at 3:43pm, I looked down the street and my bus was about two blocks away, so I ran back inside and bought a $5 scratch off ticket, which turned out to be a $50 winner.  Things are good right?  Right?  

 So I hop on my bus and get about halfway home.  I am at the point where there is an exit off of Blvd of the Allies to the Parkway East.  The bus is in the right hand lane, when a puck up truck comes flying past the bus on the left hand side and tries to cross right in front of the bus and make the exit, except he didn't.  He apparently caught the front of the bus, I wouldn't know I was sitting in the back and because of some ever so deft driving by the bus driver, I don't think anyone else on the bus knew we had been hit either but because contact had been made our driver was required to stop, meanwhile the track starts down the exit and stops as well.  Two cars stop behind him before a third coming down the exit Rams into the second, creating a second accident on top of ours.  So the ride home was delayed a little bit.  

But I got home roughly only 15 minutes later than I normally would, I stopped by One Stop and cashed my lottery ticket in, thinking I now had some drinking money, walk down the street to Uncle Jimmy's and the door is locked.  Usually they open by 11am, here it is 7pm and the doors still aren't open yet.  So instead I am sitting at Bootleggers, across the street from Jimmy's.  U.S. Old school folk remember it as The S.O.D., which I think at the time stood for South Oakland District.  Back in the day they had a killer wing night on Thursdays, I remember plenty of college nights that involved a little too much drinking and eating here, complete with that vomitous taste of beer and hot sauce.  Perhaps that is why I don't frequent here, though more likely is that they started catering to a college crowd, Jimmy's is more of a regular older crowd like me.  I will say the bartender though has a nice bum, one I could look at for more than an occasional glance.  Sorry, I didn't leave my pervy tendencies at home.  

I started tinkering with the page a little bit, it amazing how much I forgot about putting a page together on Blogger.  My apartment was like a reeducation camp last night, trying to get Spotify on the page.  It had been so long since I played with my page I had to relearn how to do things. Oh well, a pack of college aged people camped out next to me and demanded women's soccer on the TV, perhaps that is my sign to go.  Women's soccer does nothing for me and the team having serial abuser Hope Solo on it is reason enough for me to not watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been