Monday, July 27, 2015

B365V2.62 - Backup plans

Okay, I am testing out the back up blogging location.  It's nice and breezy, which after Schenley Park last night, is a huge improvement.  I walked over there and was just dripping sweat.  I am not supposed to be losing weight while blogging, even if I could stand to lose a few pounds.  It is all hot and muggy out today but this little park is like an oasis, I swear it is 10 degrees cooler here than at work, which is three blocks away.  My favorite hot dog guy isn't here today, he probably was here but closed down already.  He sets up across the street from the William Penn hotel.  Any time I get stuff from him I throw him a couple of extra bucks, just because I like him.  Likewise he usually throws me free soda when I order.  I don't think he knows where I work, getting my hands on beverages in not a problem.

That being said this place does come with some problems, namely people. I was excited to get out of work today and test out my new spot, but someone was in my seat.  If I am going to have  a backup blogging spot, then I will need a seat, much as I have a bench in Schenley.  Worse my seat was occupied by a crying toddler.  I don't mesh well with kids, I was about to suggest a pillowcase to solve the whole crying issue, but the better angels of my nature intervened before the words could come spilling out if my mouth.

Another problem with this spot is that here I am on a time limit, if I want to catch my bus home. Not just any bus either, but the one that leaves me off the closest to my apartment.  The last one of those leaves town @ 5:45, so while today that isn't an issue, in the future if I am really knee deep into a blog, the time thing could be a problem.

My mind has been off sorts recently.  I have a bad problem of overthinking things and getting in my own head too much.

Great, the kid is bawling again.  I am pretty sure pillow cases are now 40% off at Macy's if that will help.  I will even buy one.

Anyway back to over thinking things, the other day when I mentioned I may be popping up on another blog, Erin had mentioned she may use what I sent her while she is on vacation.  We will see about that, but that isn't what I am overthinking.  Rather it was what she wrote afterwards, that she wanted to talk to me about my time in radio.  God forbid, we are now on a topic of which I view myself as an expert, that being me.  But then I started thinking of any questions that may be asked, and then thinking of the answers to said questions.  I am an idiot that way.   I am thinking about questions that haven't even been asked and answering them in my own head.  It's like prepping for a job interview which isn't even scheduled yet.  No wonder I get such a high score on the blood pressure machine at Giant Eagle.

Oh well I should get out of here, the clock is ticking and I have a half hour until I catch my bus.  Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been