Wednesday, July 8, 2015

B365V2.44 - No mojo

Admittedly today I got nothing.  I am sitting on my bench, amidst the sprinkles that are coming down and I have nothing to say.  At least nothing noteworthy.  Thing is, up until today I had felt like I had gotten a blogging groove back, I was happy with what I was writing, traffic ticked up ever so slightly so somebody else out there was happy with my writing as well.  In fact, according to Google analytics (though not verified by either my IP tracker or my 3D globe) I apparently had a visit from Congo.  Because I am geographically ignorant enough to not know any cities there ( and too lazy to Google it), I didn't bust out a Larry King like greeting for a hello.    Instead for some strange reason I had Miami Sound Machine stuck in my head ever since.  Go to the head of the class if you got that reference.

But today I really have nothing.  No witty repartee from yours truly.  And truth be told, these are the worst types of blogs to write, the ones where you write to say I have nothing to say.  I did give up the blogging bench for the picnic pavilion though, fewer rain drops to contend with.

It also allows me to sit here and enjoy the podcasts I download onto my iPad.  Right now I am listening to Talk is Jericho.  I figure if I sit here long enough maybe an idea or two will germinate in ye olde cranium.

Well I have been sitting here for an hour or so, still nothing much has popped up.  I should mention my past life reared its ugly head the last week or so.  I was screwing around online and found an article that I found interesting.  In the Washington Post there was an article regarding Confederate flag sales.  What was interesting about the article was that Pennsylvania ranked 6th out of the 50 states, which fits the old political adage that PA is Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and Alabama in the middle, it was a piece of information that I thought might be interesting to my old radio partner in crime, Lynn Cullen, so I emailed her about it.  I have that bad habit where I view life almost like a jigsaw puzzle and if I see a piece that might fit someplace, I do my best to put it there.  Given Lynn still has a show over at the City Paper, I forwarded the article on to her, and her and I exchanged a few emails back and forth.   That would have hardly been noteworthy save for what happened Saturday.  I got a message from Marshall Adams.  Now mind you I have met Marshall maybe twice in my life, and as I am doing my thing at work, processing invoices and doing orders and what not and as I am sitting at Brian's desk ( I always steal his desk on Saturday) I have Pandora and Facebook both open while I am working, and I get a message from Marshall saying he was thinking about me and sends along his contact information.  I'll admit I was curious, I haven't done anything radio related in 5 years now and at best I would be considered a sidekick, though the producer title is fine with me.  But like I said, Marshall and I never worked together, he was the program director at KDKA AM (America's first radio station) when I was working at WPTT.  I had dropped off some tapes with him back in the day, I was already seeing the writing on the wall at WPTT ( we had about a six month span between the time Lynn was let go and I was " laid off " which was Renda - speak for your services are no longer required.  I knew they wouldn't be inviting me back.  So I spent part of my remaining time putting together tapes for when I guest hosted for Lynn as well as some promos I had put together for the different shows I had worked on.  Marshall had talked to me then, saying he knew of my work and would give it a listen, which is all I could ask for.  And that was the end of our interaction together.  Obviously nothing came of my tapes/ resume since I am at Smithfield News now and not in radio.  Marshall left KDKA AM, I don't know the circumstances behind that I just have the impression he had gotten a job in Atlanta.  So it was odd that he would be thinking about me out of all of the people he has run across in his time in radio.   I messaged him back, with my contact info as well, and I sent him a quick email  and that has been the extent of our communications to this point.

That's all I got kids, I apologize for my mundaneness this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been