Wednesday, July 29, 2015

B365V2.65 - I didn't expect this

Back in the backup Batcave to blog again.  I am liking this spot more and more.  As busy as it is downtown, nobody bothers me here.  No drug trucks or missing persons, just me sitting here along the wall typing away.

I haven't seen my hot dog guy out here yet.  Originally I figured by the time I got here he had packed up and went home for the day, but today I took a run by here on the way to dropping deposits off at the bank, and yet at 2 pm there was no cart set up across the street from the William Penn Hotel.  I don't want to think the worst, after all Tom cruise isn't in town, but first there was Fucking Chicken Lady, then it was Jesus on a Stick Guy, now Hot dog man is gone.  The first two I blamed on Scientology since Cruise was in town filming a movie at the time, but Mission Impossible 3 had nothing to do with Pittsburgh.  I am hoping he is just on vacation, he bankrolled enough hot dog money and decided to take a week off.

Oh well, since I have sat down here I managed to finish the Deadpool daily on MPQ.  I didn't do too shabby on it today either, got one Mystique card and two Squirrel Girls for my efforts.  Thanks again Starbucks for the free Wifi, you're coffee still tastes burnt but at least your internet connection is working flawlessly.  Hopefully coffee will not be a problem in the very near future, as the Crazy Mocha store a block from work looks like it is about ready to open.  I have my fingers doubly crossed that Ruby ends up working there.  If she does I will let you know, because she whips up the awesomest caramel mocha lattes.  A delicious blend of caffeine, chocolate and sugary goodness right there.  And no matter how many times I have went back since she left the store just off of Ross street, it hasn't been the same.  Last time they forgot the mocha.  I am not even sure how that is possible, when mocha is part of the order.  It's like Ruby is the Andre McCutheon of baristas and the rest are just hoping to someday be Jose Tabata.

I am still somewhat giddy about guest blogging the other day.  I got a nice comment on it on Erin's page and one of the members of Pittsburgh Bloggers on Facebook read it and was very complimentary. What do you know, after doing this for 10 years now, somebody read something I wrote.  And all it took was writing on someone else's page.

Not to be a chronic complainer, but it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to, yada, yada, yada, but my eye is sore.  Almost like I slept with an eyelash trapped under my eye lid.  Mind you it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as having an ulcer on my cornea, that right there is a new definition of pain boys and girls, this is just mostly irritating.

Well I have sat here long enough, I am being attacked by bugs and I did get my gold coin for 300 points in MPQ in the Iron Fist event, it ended up being a useless 2 star Ms. Marvel card.  Yuck to that.  I am off to see the wizard kids.

Here I thought I was ending this blog entry, but then life gets all " I got some shit for you " and endings become beginnings all over again.  I left the secondary Batcave, walked back to work to pick up something to snack on tonight and on my way out the door I stuck a $20 bill in the instant ticket machine.  A stupid move on my part, I still have a phone bill to pay, my bus pass to buy and very possibly breakfast with the family this weekend.  I had no need to be wasting money.  It turns out I was stupid like a fox.  I scratched off the first ticket ( I bought 2 $10 tickets ) and it was a loser.  The second ticket I scratched off, none of the top row numbers match, the first and last numbers on the second row match ( I am superstitious enough that I never scratch off my prizes until after I see how many potential winners I have ) so I am thinking, great two numbers match, they will both be $5 because as Brian and I like to say, "They fuck you at the drive through."  I could see winning $10 that way on a ten dollar ticket, only because I have done it before.  I go ahead and start scratching the bottom row of numbers, three more matches. Now I am thinking the prizes under each will be like $10, I win $50 and walk away happy.  I scratch off the first prize amount, $200.  Now the most I have ever won on a scratch off ticket was $500, so this is promising.  Turns out all 5 prizes were $200 for a prize package worth $1000.  Sorry, just fell into 70s game show speak for a second.

So now the issue is how or where to cash my newfound wealth.  I figure my normal bus, the 65 would take me to Squirrel Hill, so I could just go to Giant Eagle.  Except my bus is running way late, and I am nervous, standing around with a winning ticket in my hand.  A 67 is coming, it would take me into Oakland and CVS does cash tickets, so I climb aboard the 67 and head to Oakland.    I manage to not drop the ticket ( a never ending fear of mine since I found a $100 winner in the trash can at work ) and I go into CVS.  First I go to their ticket machine in hopes it will issue me a voucher, but it doesn't because on winnings over $600 you have to fill out a prize claim form, so I go to the counter, which is unmanned, and wait.  Finally someone comes to help me, only to say they don't have the money to cash my ticket.  I am starting to think I would have been better off handling this myself at work.

So I exit CVS stage right, and hop aboard a 61 A, which will get me to Squirrel Hill, albeit a different route than the 65.  Thankfully Giant Eagle was able to cash it before I lost the ticket, so I got my money after filling out my claim form, which meant it was cause to celebrate at Uncle Jimmy's with a beer or three.

Now, sufficiently lubricated I can put an end to this entry, provided there isn't something in my mailbox when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been