Sunday, July 26, 2015

B365V2.61 - Back to my routine

Okay, I don't know why I am here, force of habit I guess.  Back to sitting on my park bench and sweat is just rolling off my face.  I suppose this could be a good diet plan, sit outside and write a lot and sweat the pounds away.   Should be doing something productive, like laundry or dumpster diving.  Yes it is that time of year again, landlords are throwing stuff out for the incoming fall tenants. Technically I still don't have a lease, but I did receive an email from the property management company the other day where I would get money for referrals at California University of Pa.  Of course I know no one that goes to school there so I will not be collecting in that program.  If they were looking to fill properties here in Pittsburgh I might have been able to help out, but I got nothing for Cal.

There are more people out tonight than usual, but that is because it is Sunday and there is a movie in the park.  I didn't look to see what it was before I left, the only thing I checked out as far as the park is concerned is pavilion rentals.  I really thought they would be more, but the pavilion nearest where I sit is just $50.  That would include big field beside it, parking in the loop, a sizable playground and being within walking distance of one of the cities lookouts, that being the Schenley overlook.  Of course anyone wanting to use the pool would have to pay for it ($5 for adults) and if rented on Sunday there would be a movie within walking distance.

I think it would be a bargain, but that is just me.  I don't know what the family spends on the places that they currently rent.  Plus there is no electricity here, I know a lot of the family brings crock potted covered dishes.  Not that I couldn't circumvent that with some sternos and some chafing pans.  There are another amenities as well, the pond, Phipps Conservatory being a bridge away, the bike rental station but I am not one to try and impose my will on everyone.  And I have no ideas as to when the city starts taking reservations for next summer.  Methinks I must do more investigating before moving forward.

I am surprised I haven't seen my raccoon friend the last couple of times out here.  The garbage can is full, which I would think would be an awesome raccoon-like dinner.  But then I don't go pawing through my own rubbish looking for food, I shouldn't expect nature's critters to do for my amusement either.

Not sure why I am so devoid of creative ideas this evening, I pretty much have shot my creative load these last couple of weeks, which may have been some if the best writing I have done in quite some time.  I know I felt better about it than I have in ages, save for tonight, where I am just struggling to get something on the page.

My phone went off, it was work texting me about something that I have already done.  Because I have my shit together like that.

I suppose I should add an addendum to my last entry, regarding the graduation party and what not.  When I said afterward I went home and went to sleep, that part is true.  I woke up before coming to my bench and starting that entry,  there was a brief moment of confusion, I am sure we have all had them at one time or another where you fall asleep and when you wake up you think you slept longer than you did.  For me that process usually involves thinking I am late for work.  Or waking up and not realizing what day it is, my mind is getting very good with that trick.  Anyway I fell asleep after the party, the sun was still out since I got home about 7 pm or so.  I briefly remember reading a couple of blogs and then falling asleep with my computer still open to a blog page.  When I woke up, it was completely dark out, I figured it was like 4 am or so.  I checked my laptop for the time and it said 12:30 am.  Then my cell phone rang, I recognized the number, it was my mom's but I was so pissed off that they waited 5 days to call me back and that they blew of the graduation party after saying they would be there that I didn't even pick it up.  If it was important they could leave a voice mail, which they did not to my knowledge.  It was incentive enough to kick me in the ass and at least start that blog entry.

That being said I did like my new blogging spot today, I may head over there after work tomorrow as well.  I know my favorite hot dog vendor sets up shop nearby, so maybe I will have some lunch and bang out a few words.  Just depends on how I feel after work I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been