Tuesday, July 28, 2015

B365V2.63 - Don't call me Ashley

Okay, I am sitting in the backup blogging spot.  It is kind of like Batman having a backup Batcave, except I am cooler.  Especially when compared to the George Clooney Batman.

Anyway, it was a rather eventful day at work, if by eventful I mean doing shit that most people are not asked to do at work.  See, I am not one who I would consider all that technologically savvy.  I am okay with the minor problems but the major ones I leave to the trained professionals.  Yet here I was today fixing Brian's computer because he couldn't get it to get off of a black screen.  A simple restart later and I had it purring like a kitten.  I may not be technologically savvy, but in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.  At one point today I was asked to reload the money order machine, a simple process where you press two buttons and enter a code, then detach the carriage from the machine, insert a new pack of money orders, making sure the bar code is lined up, reattach the carriage and if it tells you the documents were successfully loaded you are done.  It is just that easy.  So I tell Ed that I am going upstairs to do this and he looks at me and says, "I don't know what we would do without you Matt".  I thought to myself, "Apparently fail miserably, because this is an easy task for me considering everything I usually do."

That wasn't the only thing Ed had me do however.  Apparently through his time watching Fox News the Ashley Madison website came up.  His lack of understanding why this site was in the news in the first place, because they were hacked, he only processed the hooking up portion of the story, as he now wanted a profile on there.  Okay, fine I thought, this can't turn out any worse then when I got him a pen pal from womenbehindbars.com.

You want comedy gold kids, go check out that website.  I love the profiles that state they like long walks on the beach and romantic dinners posted by people who have life sentences.  How about a stroll around the moonlit yard while sipping on a Turner Orange Drink, because that is as close as you will get.  How does a woman get a life sentence anyway, besides getting all stabby with their significant other.  Thanks but no thanks.

Anyway, so I start a profile for him and a vendor shows up, so I took it upon myself to fill in the necessary blanks in the profile while Ed was conducting business.  When he finished his meeting he asked what I wrote, I went back to show him and there was a response to his ad.  He proceeds to ask me all kinds of questions about this response, including how do I know if it is real.  I said I didn't, my lesson after two years of the Crazy Canadian has taught me better than that.  Having witnessed my experience with the Canadian first hand, hopefully he got the message but most likely he will hear another Ashley Madison story on Fox tonight and ask me more questions tomorrow.

Well if I want to catch a ride home I better get moving.  The backup Batcave still relies on public transportation after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been