Wednesday, July 1, 2015

B365V2.39 - It's dead Jim!

So, as an addendum to last night's entry, I did leave Bootleggers (i. e. The SOD) shortly after finishing up here and Uncle Jimmy's was open, so I walked across the street and had a few more before calling it a night.  I was there for sound check on the one band that was playing on open stage night, they had some skills but the singer was god awful.  He was trying to get a pop from the crowd ( what little of a crowd there was) by singing a song about Pittsburgh.  It came across like Toby Keith like patriotic drivel, in that, by saying Puttsburgh in the song we were all supposed to love it.  Sorry, but the best sounding Pittsburgh song for my money is "Pittsburgh" by the Lemonheads.

So I got home around 11 pm, trying firing up the laptop to go grubby bing me some food and it wasn't working.  I keep getting a message that it doesn't recognize the hard drive.  You know, small shit that is far above my technical expertise or pay grade.  So it looks like I will be in the market for a new one.  Pricing out a replacement on Amazon, I am looking at about $300, which is about $300 more that I wanted to spend.  And it puts any changes I wanted to make on the blog page on hiatus, it is hard enough getting actual words onto Blogger with my iPad, I have no desire to get into the nonsense of trying to copy and paste code from here to there.

Good thing my laptop waited until the end of the Wicked Tuna season before dying, one of my favorite pastimes is treating that show like the Clock Game from the Price is Right, guessing how much per pound they will get for their tuna hauls, as though I know the first thing about fatty content or core samples.  There is No Hulu app for the iPad, at least not yet ( get on that Hulu people), so unlike Crackle where I can stream their free library,no such luck with Hulu and Wicked Tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been