Friday, July 10, 2015

B365V2.46 - Approaching 1900 posts

Well I am back under the pavilion tonite, not because it is raining currently but because it looks and feels like it might.  Honestly I wish it would start storming, this would be an awesome place to view a thunderstorms.  I will not be that lucky though, so instead I fired up a Petros and Money podcast ( because sports talk in this town sucks sooooooooo much), as some background typing noise.

I have been wondering why I have been blogging outside the home recently, and I think it has to do with when I get home I don't want to do anything.  Which is especially true after working the overnight Saturday.  My body doesn't bounce back like it did 20 years ago, once I have been up on an overnight it is hard for me to get back into a daylight routine.  So getting up in the morning is a chore this week.  I like to be at work around 9am, twice this week I didn't wake up until 9 am.  This morning I woke up at 8am but I puttered around the apartment until 9 and made it in @ 9:30.    These are the days where I am glad I do not have a roommate, or significant other, because my cell phone alarm goes off at 5:45 am, and I proceed to shut it off and go back to bed.

I mismanaged to sign up for another year lease on my apartment.  I got an email yesterday saying that I forgot to sign my check for my July rent and could I stop by to sign it today.  See, usually when I get paid I just sign my paycheck over to my landlord and include the difference in cash when I mail it out.  It is not the safest way to pay ones rent, but I trust my landlord as well as the building management people, and it is a system that works for all of us.  When I went to mail out my rent bundle last week, I put the check in there and the requisite cash, but forgot to sign the check.  I am sure it was because my mind was on some other work related task ( I sent it in from work) so I apologized and was told it wasn't a big thing, could I stop by today and sign the check.  So I stopped by today after work, the building management office is in the apartment building across the street from my place, at which point I was asked if I was staying this year.  I said I would like to but hadn't received a new lease yet, usually they send those out in Feb, so I thought maybe this was there way of saying it is time for you to go, but I was assured they wanted me back for another year, so I said to send me a lease and I would sign it.

I slept all kinds of wrong last night, my neck hurts, my back hurts, I am all kinds of falling apart right in front of my very eyes.  Well that was weird and potentially something nefarious.  When I first got here, a little after 9pm and on the road that runs behind the playground, a truck stopped and parked.  If I were of the suspicious sort, or if I did anything of relative importance I would say I have a stalker, but I don't do anything remotely worth spying on.  If you want to know, just ask me.  But the truck sat there for almost an hour, then a car came down the same road, turned around right behind thee truck and then the truck followed the car out of the park.

I don't want to go home yet, I already heard the neighbors start with their partying nonsense, another reason I wouldn't mind a little rain, to put an early end to that.

I need someone to explain the fascination of fireworks to me.  Don't get me wrong, when a real display is pulled of by trained professionals it can be quite impressive, but when some jackass is lighting M80s in the back yard it is just pathetic.  So it did warm the cockles of my heart slightly when two different NFL players blew fingers off in fireworks related accidents over the holiday weekend.  I'll admit, when walking home and my neighborhood sounds like downtown Beruit, I am all for some assclowns losing some digits.  Guess that makes me a killjoy.  Far worse fates have befallen far greater men.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been