Friday, July 3, 2015

B365V2.41 - TGIF

This is one of those days where I should have post it notes stuck to my head, lots of things going on in ye olde cranium today that might have been blog worthy, but once they are left in the head for too long they just dissipate, kind of liked fart,but farts are probably smellbetter than my blogging ideas.

I should strat by saying I will be manning a post at Smithfield News to morrow night from 11pm to 7 am, so if you are stuck downtown, don't be afraid to stop by and say hi.  

As for how today was, eh, it was I will say that.  I woke up early enough, roughly a quarter till 8. I usually catch the 9 am 67 H into town, so I had some time this morning that I woke up and played some Marvel Puzzle Quest.  I was approaching 650 points in the current head to head match ups, which gets you a gold recruit token.  Gold tokens are better than silver ones because they increase your chance of getting 3&4 star characters, and I was roughly one good fight away from hitting that plateau, except I kept losing fights.  After 30 or so minutes of going back and forth on my points, I decided I would get ready for work.  

For those not I he know about what Marvel Puzzle Quest is (hereafter referred to as MPQ), it is a match three color game where you collect tokens that allow you to either collect or level up characters.  Each character has two or three abilities ( colors) that as you collect those specific colors, it allows you the opportunity to use that ability while in a fight. The max number of covers ( tokens) you can have for any one character is 13, and each power is maxed out at 5. Characters are broken into classes, 1,2,3 & 4 stars, with  1 stars being the easiest to obtain and 4 stars being the rarest.  That being said, a maxed out 1 star (13 covers and fully leveled up) is usually more powerful than a 2 star with just a couple of covers.   I have been playing for better than a year now, so getting covers ( tokens) that can actually help me is hard.  I have a number of three star characters who have 13 covers ( not necessarily the 13 I want, people try to build their characters to favor certain powers/abilities over other ones that they get little use out of.    I suppose I could give you an idea of what my roster looks like if that will help.  Probably not but here goes.....

















So anyway, I am getting ready for work and my cell phone rings.  It was a text message from Brian, who was flying down to Florida for vacation today.  He was texting me to say that the arm had $60 left in it, so already today I have to reload the arm on top of my normal tasks.  I had money put aside for such an event, over $6000, so it was really just a matter of getting there and doing it.  The work day itself went pretty uneventfully, save for one disagreement I had with someone outside the store.  This cute girl walked by while I am having a cigarette, and this other guy that is standing there looks at her and says, " I bet you can't hear me, but I want to fuck you."  Mind you, the girl wasn't on a cell phone, nor did she have an earpiece in and she wasn't wearing headphones, so I am quite sure she heard him and just paid him no mind.  As she continues to walk by he chimes in again, saying, " See, I know you can't hear me, but I would like to lift that dress and get in your ass."  Then he says something to me about her not answering him and I said I don't take too kindly to someone verbally assaulting a potential customer.    That was it for excitement for the day, everything else was paint by numbers.  Enough so that I decided to leave work on time and catch the 67 H and go to the Squirrel Cage for dinner.  I needed to Squirrel Hill anyway, I had to stop by Giant Eagle and get my new bus pass for next week and pick up the fixins for my tuna salad that I will be making again tomorrow, my last batch lasted two days before selling out so it must have been good.  I would have got my bus pass downtown but the PAT service center was closed.  

So I get done with work early and decide I can run over to Starbucks really quickly for a coffee and to use their wifi to work on my MPQ again.  So I walk over to Starbucks and they are closed, I stand outside for a few minutes stealing their wifi, and I got my gold coin I wanted in the morning.  It ended up being a 3 star Sentry card I didn't need, then I walk back to my bus stop and catch my bus toward dinner.  Except when I got to the Squirrel Cage, they are closed. Just when the fuck did July 3rd become a holiday?  I am so sick of people bitching that immigrants are coming and taking our jobs, but when given a chance to work they can't be bothered.  Give me some hard working Mexicans over lazy fucking Americans any day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been