Monday, July 13, 2015

B365V2.50 - On the clock

It almost feels like NFL draft time for me, just a couple of days till I get paid and then I am on the clock, picking out my new laptop.  I have a good idea of what I want, but the question remains how cheap can I get it (and how quickly).  While I have come to enjoy these little forays to the park to work on blog entries for all the boys and girls, it is when I get home that this process takes a left turns and suckdom and drives straight on through till morning.

I do not work straight from iPad to blog, the copy and paste feature is something I have not mastered and even if I did, the ability to post photos from my tablet to blogger doesn't always work and good luck trying to get the tagging feature to work while using an iPad.  Then of course there is the promotion aspect, as both the Google + and Facebook links don't always work, and for those of you who know that I like to put a clever quip from my daily words of wisdom on top of my Facebook link, try copy and pasting a single line from blogger using an iPad.  Usually what happens is I write to you on the iPad, then I go home and email myself the actual text, as well as photos if I have any, then I copy and paste the text ( and download any photos) from my email back into Blogger.  Perhaps Livejournal or Wordpress are more tablet friendly, I don't know for sure, but Blogger is not.

Anyway, I copy and paste the text back into blogger, as well as adding any photos I have downloaded, and I am good.  Or so I thought until the other day.  When I was working on my "Day in the life....." blog, I timestamped what I was doing and when, except that process doesn't work when you put time into a iPad note and email it to yourself, Google wants to take the times you list and add them to your calendar, rather than just leave them alone as text.  So instead of times, when you go to copy and paste out of gmail, times look like this . . . . . instead.  In which case there is another step involved in getting these things out to the masses.  Either vast amounts of corrections for things I didn't even fuck up ( which is saying something, because I am all kinds of good at fucking things up ) or taking the text and copying it over to word pad first and then going from word pad to blogger, creating a second copy and paste step.  I swear, the things I go though just to get words on the page, it is my own Christ - like suffering.  So where the hell is Fox News to tell you I am being persecuted?

All of this wouldn't be so bad if my desktop wasn't slower than my grandmother  taking a dump after eating a block of government cheese.  So while I want to make some serious changes to the look and feel of the page, there is no way I would entrust that process to me working on either my iPad or my desktop.  Instead we countdown the minutes until I can buy a new one.

I ducked into the pavilion here, I was dodging raindrops on my bench and I still had some typing to do.  I left something out of my "Day in the life......." blog the other day, when I finished my invoices, the next thing I had to do was order cigarettes.  The cigarette room ( where we keep our backup inventory ) as well as the office ( where my magic happens ) are both in the basement, though from my seat in the office I can not see if anything else is happening downstairs.  Anyway, I step out of the office and go to the cigarette room and all I am smelling is pot.  Now, I am not arguing for or against marijuana, I just know that in Pennsylvania it is currently illegal,  furthermore I also understand a legal concept called asset forfeiture, which basically states that any property used in the perpetrating of a crime, the government has a right to seize.  So I don't care if my employees smoke a bowl when they get home, he'll they can shoot heroin for all I care, I am not their babysitter, nor their life coach, but the minute you bring that shit to work and jeopardize everyone's job, then we have a problem.

So I explained what happened to Ed today, and I proceeded to run the camera back to see who went downstairs before I came up and u saw one of our employees disappear for 5 minutes into the basement.  So it's Monday and already this week I had a hand in firing someone.  Who knows what the rest of the week will offer, though hopefully it will involve a new laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been