Sunday, July 12, 2015

B365v2.49 - Off day


                                         Imagine my surprise to learn that the paperboy is actually Stevie Wonder

I am back at the park. In daylight.  Wonder if I will go all Nosferatu and die in the sunlight. If you read a story of a man turned into a puddle of goo on a park bench then you know the answer.  I would say they would find my tablet beside me, but I know Pittsburgh too well, someone will scoop up my tablet and sell it at one of those knock off electronics places. Faith in my fellow man is something I am in short supply of.

Another picture of my blogging bench, the street light behind it is nice for late night reading and the jacket on the fence has been there for a couple of days now.  I wonder if something came out of the woods and snatched somebody and that is all that remains.

In case you couldn't tell by the pics, it rained again.  Now I like rain, especially thunderstorms, it is like natures way of washing off all of life's funk and issuing a fresh start, but the number of days with rain around here is more like nature is trying to waterboard us.  Eventually it will break our will to be here and we will all move to someplace cool, like Dubuque.

Needless to say I have not taken advantage of my day off, save for sleeping until 3pm. My body needed it and as a result the neck/shoulder pain is gone.  Actually I lied, I did get up early this morning and made a quick run to Groceria Merante, where I snagged some meatballs and some rolls this morning, then I came home, made a couple of meatball sandwiches and played some MPQ and then went back to bed.

I am hoping to dodge raindrops here because the pavilion is occupied, people with their damned permits anyway.  Like a permit means anything to a blogger.



                                                   People, ugh!

So I posted what I thought was my best blog last week in the thread for Pittsburgh Bloggers on Facebook.  I got two likes, woohoo!  I don't know if those people actually read the blog or if it was just an arbitrary liking thing were they saw something on the thread and liked it.  I could have one of those Sally Field moments (You like me, you really, really like me) but the thought of having Burt Reynolds inside of me creeps me out too much for that to happen.

As I am sitting here I saw something that I don't like (surprise!), pseudo joggers.  I am sure you have seen them, they move like they are jogging but are actually not going any faster than you or I walk.  It is like their life is in some 6 million dollar man type slo mo speed.  Could you imagine living with one of them and trying to get ready for work in the morning?  You need to get into the bathroom and they are taking one of their bionic shits.  Really, just stop faking already, it isn't like an orgasm, it's not like anyone cares if you are jogging or not.

My creep-o drug truck was here again last night when I came over, but as soon as I sat down on my bench, which was very near his truck, he drove off.  Personally I think if he wants to drum up business, he should get one of those ice cream trucks, but pictures of the drugs he is selling on the side and drive around town playing drug music like " Cocaine" or anything by 311.  The other piece of advice I would give him is work during daylight hours, how many customers do you expect in Schenley Park at night?

Still haven't seen too many things on Facebook about ye older amity reunion that I missed on Saturday.  Not that I expected my family reunion to blow up online like tweets about Kim Khardasian's ass, but a photo perhaps of people not killing each other would have been good.

 Okay, made it back home after completing another level of Alpha Betty and reading another chapter in my book.  Time to post this nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been