Sunday, July 12, 2015

B365V2.48 - A day in the life of........

9am The day starts.  I open my eyes, still a little disoriented about the time, so I grab my tablet which has been playing Fox Sports Radio all night long and I verify that I have not slept until afternoon.  That was a distinct possibility after going to the park last night, thinking I was going to blog and then coming up with nothing.

9:15 am  I open up MPQ on my tablet figuring I will get in a couple of fights before trying to be productive the rest of the day.  I see that I have picked up a gold coin in a PvE event, I open it to find a 3 star Black Panther.  I then do the Deadpool daily, where I get two useless cards, Moonstone and a 2 star Daken, but I complete the event and get another useful card, Ragnarok.  I then head over to the PvP events and get another useful card, Loki, for getting over 1200 points in the simulator.  I could have sat there and played for a while, burning through health packs, but Saturday is a work day and so after a quick game of Tap Baseball ( I lost 8-4 if you want to know) and making a couple of slices of toast for breakfast washed down with some Pepsi, I get dressed and head out the door for work.

10:20 am  I stop by my little gas station at the end of my street to get my morning coffee.  The day just seems a little more manageable after I have my first coffee.  Six wasn't working, I haven't seen her all week, hope nothing happened to her.  The female bright spots of my day always seem to be taken away from me.  If this is God's plan, well he is going to have some splainin to do when I die.  First it was Ruby at Crazy Mocha, then it was  the Sexican who worked next door, then Misty from Travellers Aid and now no Six.  My life is not allowed to have nice things.

10:45 am Got off the bus on Smithfield street and as I was getting off I managed to pour hot coffee on myself.  I feel the hulk like rage monster start to build inside of me, save for the hulk has muscles and I have fat. I double check to make sure the lid is secure then start walking towards work.  It happens a second time, now I am pissed, so I whip the coffee cup at the closest garbage can, creating a coffee explosion all over the sidewalk.

11:30 Put eggs on to boil so I could make egg salad later.  Managed to misplace my iPad and had to come down to the office to retrace my footsteps via our security cameras.  I am a complete and utter fucking retard.

12:30 pm. Managed to reload the lottery ticket machines, including rebooting one because it was coming up with a bin error.  While that was rebooting came down to the office to run a quick report on the atm, it was reading -$40, so I go back upstairs, the lottery machine has rebooted and I add a new book of tickets and replace the ones in the bin that was giving me an error, then crack the atm and bring it down to the office to reload the cash.  I locate my missing iPad, it was sitting on one of the register terminals, then I put about 8 grand in the atm boxes ( one for 20s, one for 10s ) and then took the bill boxes back upstairs and locked them in the machine then came back to the office where the online report wasn't updating, so back upstairs to reboot the atm. Meanwhile Brian is texting me, he has seen the minus 40 and is panicked that it is not being taken care of. If there is one thing you need to know about me, "I got this shit on lockdown".  Sorry that is just something Sammy and I say.  Pulled the money out of the lottery machines and balanced it, then sold the change ( ones and fives) back upstairs in case they need them this weekend.  Oh, the atm is now reading the correct amount too.

1:16 pm  Got most of my invoices broken down for the accountant.  I only have 3 left, but they are the hardest ones, from Sledd. Managed to knock of the GFS  order while I was away from the tablet as well.  Oh and so far today I have found another .27 cents for the change meter.

2:22 pm  Peeled two dozen eggs and brewed another pot of coffee ( essential in keeping me going), fixed a faux paus on my GFS order ( I forgot pretzel buns, because as we have already established, I am a retard ), now back to the grind.

3:32 pm  Finished pricing and placing Esams order, which is always a pain because I don't have the prices readily available in ye olde cranium for the odd ball stuff he asks for.  This time it was packages of pipe cleaners.  I brag that I am the keeper of the great knowledge, but that price required research on my part.  And I hate looking thinks up.

5:22 pm   Banged out chicken salad, tuna salad and egg salad and if I do say so at least two of those taste better than the stuff we are currently buying.  Stepped out for a cigarette and the city has this feel to it, it's hard to describe but it is almost an energy.  Perhaps that is due to the furry convention, or the Pirates Cardinals series at PNC park, or the first day in ages without rain,  whatever the reason I haven't gotten this type of vibe from downtown on a weekend in quite some time.  Oh well, back to the grind.

5:58 pm   Just finished the last three invoices ( I put those off long enough today ) and there is light at the end of the tunnel, only my grocery order remains.  Deep breaths, this day has been long enough.

7:34 pm  Sending my last order in, just waiting for it to be verified that it has been received.  Worst thing to do is walk away and find out the order was never sent, because that fucks me all kind of ways Monday morning.  But it went in and all is good.  Yeehaw, homeward bound to quote Simon and Garfunkel.  I would rather quote Peabody and Sherman myself, but whatever works for the blog I guess.

7:50 pm     Left work with Simon and Garfunkel stuck in my head (Fuck!). Passed on the first three buses I could have taken in order to enjoy my cigarette without rushing through it.  I did some grocery shopping for home before I left work, because we all know the best place to buy groceries is a convenience store.  Snagged some of the chicken salad I made as well as some pasta and sauce for dinner mañana ( take that you anti immigrant bastards, who are only citizens themselves because of an accident of birth and through no effort of their own ).  Just saw someone at the intersection of 5th and Smithfield eating chicken wings and driving and I can't help but wonder if she is a relative of Fucking Chicken Lady.

7:56 pm  Board bus to go home.

8:08 pm  Almost off the bus, two more stops.  I completed 3 more rounds in Alpha Betty during the ride.  Cause I have mad skills like that.

8:12 pm  Off the bus and on the walk home.  Just finished what should be my last coffee of the day and congratulations I didn't pour it all over myself.  Ye olde apartment is about three blocks from the bus stop on 5th avenue so I am almost home and ready to settle in for some MPQ.  I might fire up Hulu on the desktop and catch up on DOOL.  That or catch up on the episodes of Arrow I missed.  I keep seeing ads for Seinfeld on Hulu, as if that will make me upgrade to Hulu plus, when Seinfeld was already on Crackle and unlike Hulu, Crackle works on my tablet for free.

8:25 pm  Home and my backpack is emptied and my clothes have been shucked aside ( if ever there was a need for eye bleach, this would be it ).

10:23 pm  I redressed and walked over to the park, so you can unbleach your eyes for the moment.  Just typing and listening to Frogman Friday on a Petros and Money podcast.  Not sure what to type at this point, but since I have been closing most of my days recently on my park bench it seemed appropriate to close this blog entry from here as well.  Because if I am going to blog a day in the life of......well this has become part of my life.  I got home from work and played a little MPQ, cracking 1300 in the PvP simulator event. I want to try and get to 2000, the award for that is a 4 star Professor X.  I came with a book, my cigarettes and a 1.5 liter bottle of Pepsi.  But then I come from a long line of Pepsi drinkers, my grandfather used to have it with his steak and eggs in the morning.  That was back in the day when the bottles were glass and came in 8 packs and you returned them and got .10 per bottle.  Stick around and I can give you all kinds of old people stories before I yell at you to get off my lawn.  Speaking of family, I did hop on Facebook to see if anyone posted pictures of the family reunion and no one did.  That could mean a number of things, no one could have taken a camera, no one could have went, or something stupid happened and no one wanted memories of the occasion.  All of which fall into the field of probabilities.  I could call my mom and get an update, but she has probably forgotten already and would go all Brian Williams and just make shit up.

I opted for Petros and Money for my listening pleasure because I had downloaded the most recent Jim Cornette experience, and while I enjoy Cornette when he is talking about wrestling, this weeks edition spent way too much time talking politics.  He and I are both Democrats and while I agree with him on most things, I don't need 30 minutes of hearing how stupid Republicans are.  It is one of the reasons I am happy I don't do radio anymore.  Listening to his podcast this week was like my viewing of Buffalo 66, I just wanted to see Christina Ricci topless and based on the rating it got ( I think it was R ) there was hope for a young lad myself.  Instead it became one of the most painful cinematic experiences I have ever suffered through.  But then I don't get artsy movies, give me a good comic book movie and I am happy, give me a critically acclaimed  "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" type movie and by the end of the movie I want something to have actually eaten him.

My neck is still sore.  I first thought that I might have slept on something wrong, though that something would not include a female, not that I would know what to do should such an occasion arrive.  I hope it is like riding a bicycle, but I have a feeling if I grab her ears to shift gears I have done something wrong.   But when my body first went haywire a couple of days ago, the pain went from my right bicep all the way up and over my shoulder to back between my shoulder blades.  Now the right side of my neck and right shoulder are still sore, though it is a manageable pain.  Worst case scenario I will pop a couple of aspirin later and hope for better in the morning.

11:50 pm  I am back home now, time to put a wrap on this and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been