Saturday, October 29, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 296 - Traditionally speaking

I'm tired. I'll admit it. Tired enough that I didn't blog yesterday. And that means I am a full two blogs behind now. I have a plan for getting caught up, but it is just that, a plan. There is a big difference between a plan and an actual outcome though. So I don't want to promise anything. This is one of those times where I could use a guest blogger. Someone to just pick up some slack around here.

But for that to happen I would have to take applicants, then go through interviews and check out writing samples and by the time all of that work was done I could have probably just blogged about something myself. There is just nothing catching my blogging fancy these days.

Some times food will fuel my muse, but I am not sure what I even want to eat. I can hop onto campusfood.com and scan the local delivery places, but nothing is catching my fancy there either.

The only given about today is that it is my hot chocolate day. Long time readers of the blog will know what that is about. And let me just say, having hot chocolate day in October pretty much sucks. I don't want hot chocolate in October, hell I don't even want it in December. But traditions are what they are, so I sit here with a mug of hot chocolate and two dollops of marshmallow crème.

The thing about marshmallow crème is that while it is good in fluffernutters, it is absolutely terrible in hot chocolate if you have a mustache. Every time I go to take a drink, the marshmallow sticks to my face like crazy glue. And I am not one that wants to shave just to enjoy a beverage.

Oh well, I have grumbled enough. Maybe I will go make myself useful for a while. Or maybe just take a nap.

7 comments:

  1. I have been propped up on the sofa with a cup of hot tea all day. It's cold and snowing outside and I'm like a bear ready to go in my cave. It's so bad the guy I'm dating wants me to stop by work but that would require me to change clothes and drive over there, get through the gate etc...I like him a lot but....it's cold and snowing and the bear wants to warmth of the cave. I do feel a little guilty because I did promise to make him oatmeal raisin cookies but I haven't gotten off the sofa to do that either. I keep promising myself I will make the cookies tonight and have him meet me tomorrow or if he's really good I might drive over to his house for a while. That has to be a better option right? Girl visiting while you are on duty or girl visiting and willing to snuggle in bed. I'm in favor of warm right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not a fan of going to work this morning and standing at the bus stop in a m ix of rain and snow. Just saw on the enews the mountains east of here have a winter storm warning until 10pm tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh that only means it will be later by the time it clears me. It has been snowing since early morning. This so sucks. It isn't really sticking much to the road but the road is covered in wet slushy leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing stuck where I was in Pittsburgh, but from downtown you could see the snow on the roofs of the houses on Mt Washington and there were cars driving in this morning with a decent amount of snow on the hood and roof.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you. I have a couple inches on the ground and I just got back from picking Tri up at work and it's starting to stick on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading you for a long while but hot chocolate day doesn't ring a bell. So when you have a moment shoot me off a message and tell me. Pretty please. I've been trying to read this blog for 2 days now, I even save the multiply notice email so I could hold to my nightly routine of reading blogs in bed before I fall asleep, but I've been passing out, phone in hand. Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been pretty lax in the blogging department too. I really need to take some time and just bang out a few entries, but there are just far more pressing matters in my life right now that require my attention. Hopefully later tonight I will be able to get some more work done, but for now still have things to do.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been