Monday, October 17, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 286 - Christmas list 2011

Everyone who is familiar with the blog know it is just about time for this.  I am just posting early this year for two reasons; 1) To beat the Christmas rush and 2) I needed a blog entry.  So this list will look a lot like the previous lists with just a few notable exceptions.  Some of the books that were on the list have been removed because I have bought them already, the waist size on my pants shrunk (I know, surprises me too) from a 38 to a 36, the addition of the Sunday crossword puzzle to my bagel entry and most surprisingly, for the first time in years I am removing the request for a female from the list (again I know, surprises me too).  There are a couple of additions, one can never have too much stuff after all, unless they can, and sleep comes back to the Christmas list after an absence last year.  

Christmas list 2011
Notebooks
Pens
A massage
Light bulbs
Garbage bags
Diablo 3 (if Blizzard ever gets around to releasing it)
Washington Post subscription
Money
Groceries
A haircut
A quiet breakfast of an bagel with cream cheese and coffee and the Sunday crossword
DVDs (TV - TV show, M - Movie)
     Any season of The West Wing but the first or last (TV)
     Chuck (TV)
     Memento (M)
     Pi (M)
     Homicide: Life on the Street (TV)
     Star Trek (the new movie) (M)
     X Men Origins: Wolverine (M)
     Band of Brothers (TV)
     A Midnight Clear (M)
     Boondock Saints (M)
     The Dark Night (M)
     The Wrestler (M)
Some motivation
Pogo stuff (membership, albums or gems)
A Philly Cheesesteak
Books
     Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
     The Wilderness Warrior: Theodore Roosevelt and the Crusade for America by Douglas Brinkley
     Satchel:  The Life and Times of an American Legend by Larry Tye
     The Ground Truth:  The Untold Story of America Under Attack on 9/11 by John Farmer
     The Good Soldiers by David Finkel
     Under the Dome by Stephen King
     Denialism: How Irrational Thinking Hinders Scientific Progress, Harms the Planet and Threatens Our Lives by Michael Specter
     Sweet Thunder:  The Life and Times of Sugar Ray Robinson by Wil Haygood
     The American Civil War: A Military History by John Keegan
     The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons
     When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
     The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
     Ocho Cinco: What Football and Life Have Thrown My Way by Chad Ochocinco and Jason Col
     Crazy Horse and Custer: The Epic Clash of Two Great Warriors at Little Big Horn by Stephen Ambrose
     LBJ: Architect of American Ambition by Randall B. Woods
     The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis
     Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War by Karl Malantes
     War by Sebastian Junger
Pants (36X30)
Socks
Shirts (including T shirts, sweatshirts and turtlenecks, preferably XL or larger, I like them droopy)
PAT bus pass
A maid
Gift cards (Barnes & Noble, Target, Walmart, Giant Eagle, Amazon)
Hockey tickets
Boston Creme donuts
Better results for my fantasy hockey team and a playoff spot for my fantasy football team
Postage stamps
Case of Red Stripe
Josh Gibson Homestead Grays jersey
Joe Sakic Quebec Nordiques jersey
Breakfast at DeLuca's
New England Clam Chowder
Leather jacket
Kindle
My grandmother's ham pot pie
Sleep
Bicycle lock

5 comments:

  1. dude, garbage bags? Really?

    I'm down for the case of red stripe. if I could send a case of beer by mail, I would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And congrats on the weight loss. With all the walking and bike riding you do, am not surprised

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I lost that much weight, it doesn't seem like it that for sure. As for Red Stripe, what can I say, Jamaican beer rocks. And it was on the list last year, but it was not under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had Red Stripe, but I love their commercials and I want to buy some, buy you have to buy at least a case it looks like. i really don't drink beer, and so I can't see spending money on something I'll drop down the trash chute. OOH I'll bet they'd make a fantastic noise dropping down that chute

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can get them in 6 packs, depending on where you go and many bars will sell them by the bottle so if you like beer it can be a minimal investment to see if you like that. But if you don't I wouldn't throw your money away on it.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been