Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 294 - A new me?

So what is wrong with me? I am sitting writing to you eating cottage cheese. And liking it. Well okay, I have always liked cottage cheese, but not usually as a bed time snack. Then again, it's only 10pm, hardly my bedtime. I will be up a few more hours yet.

But other things have been happening as well, odd things. I have this terrible habit of collected stress, usually tightening right around the base of my neck. I can usually tell when I am not stressed because if I tilt my neck to the left I will get anywhere from 1 to 4 cracks out of it when I am starting to relax, which isn't that often. Until recently. Now I am finding my neck cracking in the middle of the day, at times when I would almost always be high strung. Even before I sat down to start typing this blog entry, I would have a certain tightness to me, pressed for getting another blog entry done and little to talk about, but as I sat down and cracked open the window to begin typing I leaned my neck to the left, fired off four nice deep cracks so I almost ended up with a bobblehead thing going on and just decided to write.

And when I went to the grocery store today, I stopped by the pharmacy. They have one of those blood pressure gauges there where you sit down and just let the machine take your pressure. My old game would be to see if I could ring the bell like the old sledgehammer game at the circus, but as I sat there today waiting for my new reading, it was down. Even my heart rate was down a tad, and honestly I haven't been all that active, save for what I always do at work. I haven't had my bike out in weeks, I missed a few weeks for a Steeler game, a Penguins game a banged up knee and because it was canceled one week. While I still sneak in a walk on the weekends, I wouldn't think a simple walk would be the reason for that drastic of a difference.

So there are only two possible explanations, either my new found happiness or Ed leaving for Florida. I am sure Ed would love to take credit for it, but I don't think that is it.

Damn, another happy blog. Can't my life suck or something?

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you are suffering from bobblehead syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hate to rain on your parade, but cracking your joints is a vicious circle, it's actually bad for you, it means your joints are hypermobile...google it

    ReplyDelete
  3. cracking joints causes Bobblehead Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can also be cavitation within the joints. All I know is that when I am stressed my neck doesn't crack and when I relax it does, and it feels quite good.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been