Saturday, October 15, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 284 - Dreamy

My body hates me right now. As I type I find I am taking small breaks, just long enough for my eyes to get used to being closed before I again snapping them back awake and wondering just where I left off last time. It makes writing quite a challenge.


And I think I have mentioned how my dreaming process can sometimes work, it is almost like taking a fun house mirror to the last thing on my mind, in this case it would be the last sentence. So if I were to use the last sentence as an example, it would maybe start with the word sentence, then divert off into places with sentences like English class in high school, where we used to diagram sentences, then jump ship[ and start thinking about different diagrams out there, where it might then focus on a diagram I had recently seen. All of this will snap through my head over the course of maybe 10 seconds, and just before falling asleep thinking about diagrams, I would pop back awake to write some more on the page. It is a fascinating frame of mind to be in, aware just enough of what precipitated a thought process which begat a dream.


Far more often though, as I close my eyes to sleep I will not be aware at all, if only because I don't even remember my dream in any way shape or form. That can be a good or a bad thing, on one hand I am sure I miss out on a lot of good dreams that way, but I am sure I miss out on some bad ones as well. I know I would like to have missed out on a few of them in the not to distant past., such as one I had a few weeks ago where I dreamt that I was walking out into a street as as I looked to my left a city bus was coming right at me, then the dream shifted to almost a dream within a dream, a lot of stuff that really didn't mesh together all that well so it is hard to put into words here, but I woke from the dream within the dream only to find myself laying in the street because the bus had hit me, and the second dream was I guess me being in a coma like state from being hit in the first place. So, yes there are some I would rather pass on remembering if I could.


Anyway, I will quit babbling about the goings on in my head, I will save this and post when I get back from breakfast. Then later today I will catch back up to my routine with everyone's favorite, unless it isn't, pictures. Until then...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been