Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 276 - The end of the gilded age

Well, it looks like the good times may be over for quite a while this time. I have talked about the whole Ed / Brian dynamic before, Ed spends winter in Florida and Brian runs the store, Ed comes back when the weather warms up and Brian stays out of the way. Well, I pretty much figured that Ed had left for Florida when he did not show up in the store last week, but today he comes in the store around 2:30 or so, he was stopping by because he had a meeting with his attorney.


So I had a chance to talk to him for a bit, and then I handed him some invoices we had gotten, because he always gets a copy of our invoices. Even in Florida, he would be mailed a copy of the invoices and would do a decent amount of paperwork while he was on his winter vacation. Well when I handed him the invoices today, which I mark by writing “Ed's copy” on them, he proceeds to tell me to not do that anymore and rips that portion of the invoices off. So whatever is happening between Ed and Brian these days, it is enough that Ed apparently wants nothing to do with the place at all.


I guess this is where I start thinking about myself, I mean Brian has never treated me poorly, but usually the vast majority of my freebies have been because of something Ed has done, so my days of spoilage may soon be coming to an end, save for what I can arrange through the vendors as giveaways. But no more free breakfasts, boohoo. Or free stuff from the store.

1 comment:

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been