Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 288 - Wordless

Did you ever feel like you are at a loss for words? Not that there is nothing to talk about, but that whatever words you wish to put forth, they somehow ring hollow in your own ears? Like they aren't enough? That is where I am these days. The problem with grinding a blog out every day is that sometimes there are just too many words involved, thereby diluting their meaning. I think I am at that point right now. Maybe it is a lack of creative verve or a shrinking vocabulary or something, but when I go to write or speak I find myself falling back on the same words or phrases and wonder if the meaning somehow gets diminished.


Maybe that is what is meant by writer's block, but I would think that it wouldn't lapse into my speaking as well. Perhaps it is an early sign of Alzheimers that where before I could pull seven different words, now I can only pull two or three. Whatever it is, it is annoying the hell out of me.


Maybe it is just the sheer volume of posts involved in trying to blog once a day, especially when the best parts of my life I am wary of talking freely about right now and the worst parts make me sound like a chronic complainer. Maybe it is that I am becoming almost content in my ignorance, I can't remember the last time I looked at the paper online and the television news anymore carries almost no interest for me. Whatever this writing funk is that I am in, I need to shake it and pronto, we aren't all the way home yet. Still have a few months to go, but the way I am feeling at this very moment, I would hard pressed to say there will be a second year of it. Then again, I could wake up tomorrow, see something silly or stupid and be flush with material.


But material right now is hard to come by, so I am calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been