Thursday, October 6, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 277 - Hockey night in Pittsburgh

 

Just sitting here watching the Penguins first game of the NHL season on line as I type to you this evening. Because the game is in Vancouver that means the start time is 3 hours behind my time, so a 7pm faceoff there is actually 10pm my time. Figure the game going even 2 and a half hours and it will b e on well after midnight my time, so I decided to take a nap earlier to make sure I would be up for all of it.


Gee, in the time it took me to open this window and get it shaped so it wasn't blocking the game and then type that first paragraph it is already 1-0 Pittsburgh, on a James Neal goal. Me likey.


Speaking of hockey, Fred came in today to do his 7 Up order a day early. He also came in because he had my hockey tickets with him and didn't want to lose them. So he handed them to me. They are indeed kick ass seat, face value of $210 a piece. But rather than tell you about them, I will just show you,

http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/pittsburgh_penguins/?pn=p_loge_8_1

The goal in the photo is the end that the Penguins will be shooting at twice during the three periods, and the little TVs on the counter are between the seats, so there will be one between Dee and myself. And the box we will be in only seats 8 people, so it will be quite spacious for us. I am definitely getting all kinds of excited, most Pens games are sold out here in Pittsburgh, so getting any seat, let alone this good of one is a plus. The Pens have sold out all of their home games for a few straight seasons now, there are a few individual game tickets available for most games, but even those get scooped up long before actual game time.


I did finally remember what it was. Lee had mentioned something on his page a couple of weeks, back, about entrance music of all things. It is actually something I have thought about in the past, because while in radio I have thought about what type of music I would want as a show open. So if I were to have some entrance music, I think I would have it down to one of three songs; “Click, Click, Boom” by Saliva, “Firestarter” by The Prodigy or “I Said So” by The Godfathers.


See, I do remember things, it just takes me a few days to remember what it was I wanted to mention. Speaking of mention, I better scoot if I am going to post this by midnight. Besides, I am distracted by the game anyway (pens are winning 3-1 right now) and the witching hour is fast approaching. So I will bid you all a fond adieu.

1 comment:

  1. The tickets are SWEET! I went to bed before the end. Glad to see one in the win column this morning. Glad to see Crosby on the ice too!

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been